How does one get started here?

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Gozer
Level 2
Level 2

How does one get started here?

Post by Gozer » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:39 am

Greetings folks.

I'm an experienced gamer (both on and offline) and I found this site through Steve Jackson Games Forums. I was wondering how to get involved both playing and running games here. If things go well I'll be inviting my buddies to start swinging through here as well, so think of me as an advance scout. Okay? ;)

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:08 am

REally the best way is to look at the existing games.. and if they sound interesting PM the GM....

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:51 am

Welcome Gozer!

Wayloss is right one of the best ways to join a game is to check out the forums and then send a Private Message to the GM or post on the OOC section for that game. I know off hand that Tet'Nak is looking for a few players to liven up both a Star War Alternate Universe GURPs game, and also a Orginal Fantasy world of his in GURPS (Called Crossroads of Fantasy).

You can generally find someone in the chat section as well to talk about the games. Questions concering starting a new game should be directed to the site Admins, either Brennor or Myself.

Welcome aboard, and look forward to playing with you.

The DM Vardaen
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:31 pm

Hey!

Welcome aboard, Gozer!

Glad to hear our name is getting around. I had no idea we'd made it to SJGames forums. Sweet! :)

For playing in games, the best way is to ask the GM of the game. They are listed right below the description of the game on the main forum listing.

In order to run a game here, all you have to do is ask. We are pretty freeform right now. V is right -- either him or I can set you up (Now I've gotta make an announcement about that, V! :) )

The best way to learn about this place is to ask here on the forums. Things are quite a bit different here than in standard tabletop gaming, though you've said that you are familiar with online gaming, so you are probably already familiar with that.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: How does one get started here?

Post by Brennor » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:58 pm

Well, it seems as if you've figured it out pretty well, Gozer, and are jumping in headfirst. 3 games. Very nice.

Welcome aboard (as before). Glad to have another player here.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:28 pm

I ended up moving this topic from the RPG forum, because it doesn't really belong there. No big deal though.

So, is Gozer something from Ghostbusters? The name seems to ring a bell.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

topic split

Post by Brennor » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:45 pm

Sorry about the move of your topic, Gozer.

I've now split it, so that the relevant parts are back in the General RPG Forum, where they belong. I didn't realize that it was going to turn that way.

This topic might end up moving again, when I create the Introductions forum. I dunno yet though. If it does move, well, this is your fair warning. ;) And, if it doesn't move, I don't know what I was talking about. :)