Hey Hey Hey

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.

Poll: You stand in the middle of a dark room, upon lighting a match you find a troll directly in front of you holding a large club, what do you do?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:13 am

Use diplomacy, he merely uses that club for holding himself upright
33%
Hack and Slash, I mean come on he is only a troll!
22%
Sing. What are you a bard? Is that a lightning bolt that just came out of your hand, jesus your a stormsinger.
44%

Total votes: 9

JazyJ
Level 0
Level 0

Hey Hey Hey

Post by JazyJ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:13 am

I might not be fat albert, but i am now certainly here. I found this site through the Wizards of the Coast forums, and have been checking it out for the past couple of days. I have been playing dungeons and dragons for two years now and am completely in love with the game. I came to the site because the local comic shop i could play at closed this year while i was away at school, and i do not have my school friends to play with anymore either. I am a big computer nerd and i played warhammer 40k since 3rd edition came out. I am hoping to find a good game to play from this site because you all seem really helpful and nice. With that though in mind i was wondering if anyone knows what a "vWorld" is?
We must protect our precious bodily fluids.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Hey Hey Hey

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:22 am

Hey JazyJ.

vWorld is a homebrew campaign world that is called vWorld for lack of a better name (We should probably try to think about that). Basically Vardaen was the creator of this setting, for the most part, and some of us added to it.

I believe the short description is:

vWorld is the globe spanning fantasy setting that ties in several popular realms along with homebrew locations. Visit the icy Norselands, or trek through the dense jungles of Mahasarpa, or venture into the deserts of Zakhara in this multicultural world.

All of these various realms have one thing in common. The Nine Falling Stars have been seen in the night sky and have heralded the end of days. Overseen by Vardaen.

And ... welcome to the site!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am

Welcome to the site!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 am

Welcome. Nice to have you here. Check out the Master Game List and the Game Openings Thread to see what's going on. Have fun!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Welcome to the site man! vWorld is my baby, a collection of various realms that I tied together with alot of homebrew creation, and then sprinkled on several other DMs to add alot of nice addtions to it. It is D&D 3.5.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Hello, and welcome.

Just watch out for the monkeys, they went on a rampage back in April.

Other than that this site is awesome...

Have a look around, and hope you have fun here.
I like pie.

Jedi_Poet
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jedi_Poet » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:12 pm

Hello and welcome!

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm

I love WH40K!!! Welcome aboard!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh yea, the monkeys....

That was good times! :-)

Galen
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Galen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

My first thought was to blow out the match :)