Hello

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
arnon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

Post by arnon » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:29 pm

I just found this site as I was searching for a place were I could PbP. Not sure exactly how i got here 8O
Anyways, I would like to try my hand at it, if there are any openings, as i have neverr really PbP before, but have been reading through quite a bunch of them.

nice site you got here :D
arnon
Last edited by arnon on Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:33 pm

Welcome to the site Arnon! We love to see new faces here.

Right now we have lots of games running as you can see. I would send Wayloss a Private Message or post to the Dragonlance OOC board, he might have openings there as a new game is just starting. Games start up all the time. Perhaps you could fill us in on your RPG experiences.

For example, I've been RPing for over a decade, started with D&D and still play that as well as online RPGs such as the MUSH. I'm familiar with several different systems.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arnon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arnon » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:00 pm

thanks for the welcome,

I've been enthralled by D&D ever since i first saw the books (they were AD&D) in a hoby shop when I lived in the USA at age 18 (yhea i know, old ;) ).

sadly, I never got around to playing the game since i returned home and did not have much time for it the next years. Finally about 3 years ago, one of my friends told me by passing that they are forming a group to play D&D... of course i immidiatly jumped on the wagon.

So relatively speaking i'm rather new to the Role-Playing world, i've mostly in Homebrew worlds, a for about 8 month in planescape (which i loved), and DMed about 4 sessions of my own world.

Currently I'm in love with the Midnight setting and am trying to gather around a groupd of players to DM for them.

arnon

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:39 pm

Arnon! Welcome to the site!

I am currently look to replace some idle players in Shadow Rift. This is a world created off a MUSH. The best place to look for information on this is ... telnet://brennor.dyndns.org 1896 (Though I would suggest downloading MUSHclient, ZMUD, etc)

There is also information here as well.

I am not going to run anymore one on one games in SS, but when the group games starts you can join in. To understand that game, the best thing to do is read the other IC forums and OOC forums as well.

Welcome to the site again! Looking forward the RPing with you soon.

Tet
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Fencer
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Fencer » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:18 pm

Welcome aboard!

I've actually never played except play by post. I did a fair amount of that for a while a decade or so ago, and have just started up again.

Well, there was the time when a couple of fellow players were in town, so we all gathered around the speakerphone and talked with the DM for a while, but that was the only exception ...

I've played D&D games, GURPS (which in theory I prefer to D&D, but which is much harder to find a game in), and Amber (my absolute favorite, but only if everybody involved is deeply in tune with the books).

I guess I played a couple of others too. The problem with play by post is that the campaigns often end suddenly and prematurely ...

arnon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by arnon » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:36 pm

I'm mostly familiar with d20, although i have read partly though the GURPS 3rd edition but there are just so many rules there that my minded started to turn to jelly... or was it jello...hmmmm
I am currently look to replace some idle players in Shadow Rift. This is a world created off a MUSH. The best place to look for information on this is ... telnet://brennor.dyndns.org 1896 (Though I would suggest downloading MUSHclient, ZMUD, etc)
Cool... I'll look into it.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:13 pm

Hey Welcome arnon :)
Yep I ahve a DL campaign that has just started up if your familiar with that setting, starting with 4th level charachters, which is the highest Starting level to date for the Site. Though Mahasarapa chars are now 5-6 lvl (I think this is my favorite playing campaign here, alo of fun to go back and read it, especially the last chapter, So huge IC posts :) I hope DL gets that good.) Also I am running an entirely Homebrew Game system my friends and I developed more then a decade ago now. It's pretty cool totaly d10 based and as flexabile as gurps can be witha shadowrun esque feel. It'sa fun setting.

Let us know what you want. We also use the Akira dawn Mush client as a chat room because the chat on the site is still crappy, though Brennor is working on some more upgrades.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Hello

Post by Brennor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:26 pm

Welcome to the site, Arnon! :)

Glad you were able to find your way here. If you do remember how you got here, that'd be cool to know. We are trying to spread the word about this site and get more people interested in us. Knowing which methods of communication actually work will help to plan further expansions! :)
Vardaen wrote:For example, I've been RPing for over a decade, started with D&D and still play that as well as online RPGs such as the MUSH.
Oh, it's been longer than that, V! We are approaching 2 decades of RPGs soon! :lol: About 2 to 3 more years for that though, I think.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+