Greetings everyone!

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
coynor
Level 8
Level 8

Greetings everyone!

Post by coynor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Greetings guys!

My name is Nicola and I am from Ravenna, Italy. I stumbled upon this site while looking around for play by post rpgs and here I am. I read topics here and there and you all seem very dedicated and easy going people. Some stories were definitely a blast!

I am lucky enough to play rpgs quite a lot in real life and my favourite games have been Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (in all its incarnations) and Pathfinder - Kingmaker (2 campaigns going on). I'm normally used to be a GM and I am interested in finally joining some stuff on the other side. I do not know if I will like this way of playing, but I am very intrigued which - in my opinion - is a good reason to have a try.

I do think that this can be a good way to practice and improve my english as well. Not as useful as speaking, but better than nothing.

So see you around here!

Nicola - Coynor

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Greetings everyone!

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Welcome! You are right, everyone here is really nice. I am sure you will find a game to join. I guess if you have questions, you can ask just about anyone and they will be glad to help.
Welcome!

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Welcome to the board. We are starting an alternet history Lord of the Rings game set to Warhammer Fantasy Rules. Talk to Vardaen if you're interested.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Welcome, coynor!

Nice to see another European on the board. :D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Welcome ! Great to have another fan of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay aboard, I'm slowly getting into 3rd edition.

The Guys here are great too! I'm new to the site aswell and they have done a great job of making me feel welcomed. Easy going and patient and great storytellers to!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:29 am

Welcome! Always glad to have new players, I think you'll be our first Italian! The server is hosted in the USA but we have a nice European community here (mostly north of you).

We have alot of games going on and some gearing up to start check out the following forum for info about games:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... /f=60.html

This one for new games looking for players:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... f=214.html

And this one on how we try and run things around here, think of it as a new player guide.
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... /t=81.html

I have a Kingmaker game running, still very early in the game but its alot of fun!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:37 am

Ciao, Coynor! Welcome to the site and I hope you find something to your liking. Thanks for joining us, everyone here are great to game with, so you certainly found yourself a home if you want it!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

coynor
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coynor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

I will check the LFG forum and see what I can try to join to break the ice.

Thanks Vardaen for the link to the "player's guide". It's very informative and clear. I'll try to stick to the rules as best as I can.

As far as Kingmaker is concerned, I am enjoying it quite a lot (10 sessions in and almost at the end of the first book). I am always been fond of sandbox campaign. The freedom players get can be overwhelming sometimes, but the sensation is totally worth the fun that comes with their liberty of movement and action.
Just a bit more preparation needed on the GM's side I guess.
- Cadoran - Krangrimdar -

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Welcome, coynor! Thanks for putting up with the registration issue that spawned with the move to the new server. :)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+