Hi, new member.

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Brannon
Level 0
Level 0

Hi, new member.

Post by Brannon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:21 pm

Wanted to introduce myself being that I just joined.

I would be very interested in joining any 1st level Star Wars games that have openings or are about to start up. Actually I'm in the process of teaching myself to GM so, eventually, I'd like to start a game of my own. I'm a natural story teller, and combining that with the mechanics of a fun game is something I'm very eager to learn to do. Just looking for the right place and group of people.

I've played a little D&D online (pbp and messenger based) but nothing has really panned out for me so far. I hope to change my fortunes here.

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Welcome Brannon.....WE are really in need of new and active minds here, and would love to see a GM emerge from new players. :) We have 1 active SW game with 1st level charachters though we are playing darkside in it in the ancient sith empire .) most of the games are standard d20 worlds.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:49 pm

Hello and welcome!

As it so happens, I'm currently the only one running a Star Wars game of any sort here. It's a Darkside game set in the era of the Sith Empire, using the revised d20 rules. The game has more or less just started, everyone is still 1st level, and I could fit in another player in the near future.

Of course, that would mean dealing with me, and some here think I'm a viscious PC killer :D .

PM me or post to the Character Creation OOC thread if you're interested.

Brannon
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Brannon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I sent you a PM Kakita.

You guys certainly seem friendly. There is nothing more dishearting to a prospective roleplayer than a GM/player that is terse and edgy.

Kakita_Gokumoro
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Kakita_Gokumoro » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:36 pm

Brannon wrote
You guys certainly seem friendly. There is nothing more dishearting to a prospective roleplayer than a GM/player that is terse and edgy.
Yeah, we're like a pack of sleepy puppies. Scratch us behind the ears and rub our tummies and we generally don't pee on your leg :D .

Of course, you still have to tolerate the sheer volume of monkey references, 'cause kids love monkeys.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:36 pm

KG and his red rockets. Terrible.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:50 pm

Welcome!

There is room in my L5R game for another player or 2. Most of the ther games I'm running are ful, however the Zakhara game does have a character that lost its player, if you were interested in taking control of a character. Send me a PM if you are.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brannon
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Brannon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:57 pm

Thanks, looks like I'm in as far as KG's Star Wars game goes. Very nice.

I guess I should mention my other favored settings for future reference...

I'm a fan (not a know it all or fanatic) of the Forgotten Realms and have a few books for that. Big fan of Middle-Earth as well, though finding a system every likes for that seems to be hard. I'm also interested in the D20 Modern/Future/Past series, though I don't have any of the books yet. Playing a detective or agent, one day, might be sweet. D20 Conan and Star Trek are not without their points of interest as well. Sherlock Holmes moment there..

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:02 am

I think TekNak posted a few weeks ago about a D20 modern game with cops, detectives, etc. I don't remember where that thread was at, thou.

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17 am

Hey.
Welcome to the Brennor's site and welcome to the Star Wars: Shadow of the Storm game. I hope you'll end up having as much fun as I am! :D
("Wheeeeeeee!!!")