Hello

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
fadimansour
Level 0
Level 0

Hello

Post by fadimansour » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi,

My name is Fadi, and I come from Syria. I have never played pen & paper RPGs before as it's not known here in my country.

My first experience with RPGs was with the computer game Ultima Underworld. I found the concept very entertaining as I also like fantasy.

Anyway, little by little I came to know about pen & paper RPGs, and I have for a very long time been hoping to be able to join a game. But my time limitation, and the un-availability of other players have prevented that.

I'm not sure what I can do here, I hope I can find a slow paced game that I can start with, especially that I have zero experience!

Thats all!

All the best to everybody

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Hello

Post by TetNak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 am

Hi Fadi,

Games are relatively slower paced as they are play-by-post. Usually the person running the game will require you to post once every two or three days. You should have received a private message that will have a link to more information.

Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask anything you might have questions about.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:43 am

Yes, welcome. Play-by-post sounds very much like what you're looking for. It should be slow enough paced that you won't feel overwhelmed, but fast enough paced to be fun.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:47 am

Welcome Fadi, glad you are doing okay with all the troubles in Syria right now. Look forward to getting to know you!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:59 am

Welcome, Fadi. I think you're gonna like this site. The games are great and Trog's right, play-by-post really sounds like the thing you're looking for. Most of the times you don't need lots of statistics and dice rolls. Only for character creation and the GMs are very helpful with that, too.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:29 am

In addition to what everyone else has said, the folks here are very friendly. I haven't seen any flame wars or some of the other unpleasantness you can find on other sites--which is a definite bonus.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:14 am

This is a great site for play by post also. It is the best organized and has plenty of resources, not to mention everyone eventually becomes friends.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Welcome aboard! Check out the Game List and About Our Game links to see some options for games and the Interest thread as well to see what's out there looking for new players.

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... f=214.html
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Fadi!!! Awesome to have another gamer from overseas in on the action. PLEASE look around and if you see soemthing that you like, be sure to ask about it!

Everyone is here to have a good time and want the same for our new members. Great to have you with us.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

fadimansour
Level 0
Level 0

Post by fadimansour » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Thank you all for responding to my post, and I'm sorry for being too late in replying.

I didn't check the forums manually, and I presumed I might get a notification if somebody replied to my post, but I didn't get any. I tried to find if I can set an option to auto-watch topics, but didn't find any, are there? Where?

Thank you Chanur for asking, hopefully, what's happening will be for the better.

Now to gaming. Do you suggest any particular game for me to start with? I'm overwhelmed by the number of different games and systems. I have some fleeting knowledge of the basics of role playing, but absolutely no experience.

My first choice would be a fantasy setting, but I'm open for experimentation!

See you all around