Hello

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Hello

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 am

At the bottom of this thread is a small link "watch this topic for replies" it might help alert you, but the email function to tell people there are new post has always been buggy

Have you never played the Witcher games (fantasy)? There is an opening in that game that TetNak is running as The Witcher, it would be an easy join, the character is all set and ready to go. Some other game also have some pre made guys looking for folks to take over. It get's you right into a game without the hassle of char gen. I believe jigglypuff69 has an opening in his Necromunda game base on te Warhammer40K setting (future/modern)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

fadimansour
Level 0
Level 0

Post by fadimansour » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:25 am

I'll try to look for those, I never heard of Witcher before.

Thanks

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 am

I was going to join up in Witcher, a really cool game where you're all monster hunters! If you'd like to join, I can give you my spot.

As for Necromunda/Warhammer 40k, I've already got an interested party for that. But my Deathwatch 40k does have openings and I'd be more than happy to have you there!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:00 am

You can both join. That's the way I like it!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Hello and welcome to the site, Fadi!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 am

We could use a few more in The Witcher! Don't be shy it will be a great game.

fadimansour
Level 0
Level 0

Post by fadimansour » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 am

Thank you jigglypuff69, for your offer to join the Warhammer game, but I think I'll have a go at the Witcher game.

Chanur and TetNak, I was trying to see the Witcher game, and I'm already overwhelmed. I'm still reading through what have happened already. But I'm not sure how to join.

Should I create a character and submit it to TetNak? And I've seen a lot of materials in the OOC forum of the game. Do I need to read them all before starting, or I would need to reference them as we go along?

Please forgive my ignorance!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:37 am

Fadi,

Reading the OOC stuff is up to you. I suggest doing a google search on the Witcher for theme-based information. I can make the game system information for your character, with your guidance. The most important thing is really 'who your character is'. Writing a short history/background can be really helpful (but you likely will need to know a little more about the general story, which is why I suggest googling the Witcher). Please let me know what questions you have (Sending PMs are good).

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 am

Hiya fadi,
perhaps I can tell you that my knowledge of the Witcher-stuff is still very limited, too. Actually I've never even played any of the games, read a book or seen the movie or TV series. But it seems like it works even if you have done none of those things and just read up some basic things about the world.
Btw. Tet was so kind and created the character for me after I wrote a short background history and came up with a few things about the character.

So I was at a very similar point where you are, too. And it worked fine so far. Though Tet has to be the judge of that.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:47 am

It would be going better if I didn't forget all my RPG stuff at home 2-days in a row so I could get this fight going ... :/