Howdy!

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Howdy!

Post by Scout89 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Hello, everybody! My name is Bruno, I'm from Brazil, 32 years old (18 of which spent playing RPG), and am looking for a good PbP because my life is too crazy to follow a schedule.
I have just registered and have already caused trouble by "disturbing the dead" :P
Anyway, as I said, I'm looking for a game. I'm a little tired of fantasy games right now. I'd rather play a sci-fi and would love to play a SWSE campaign. Any spots available?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Howdy!

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Welcome to the site. We love new members, especially those that have been playing a long time. We have some si-fi games down in the Warhammer 40K area maybe there is an opening there for you. Also check the Master Game List link on the left side of the screen to see the games, even if they say they are closed a GM might have room for a new member. The love of PbP is the scheduling ability to play at your leisure. Things around here slow down on the weekends when folks are busy but otherwise the place is hopping all week long.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Good to hear we have more Sci-Fi gamers :) Maybe you'll see a ShadowRun game one day... Or maybe someone will start up a new SW game soon...

Like V said in the other post, we have 2 SW games currently running. One is using the new Beta rules for the new Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG. The other game is using Saga rules. I'm not sure if Bo has any openings for either, but you can always send him a PM to ask. His games are a bit wonky, sometimes there may be no posts for a while, then an incredible amount of activity, then back to slow. It's a bit manic, but all of us in that game love the game and characters - plus we have other games here to keep us going for the in betweens.

Bo has mentioned that the current Saga game may wind down later this year, at whenever the story comes to an end - or it may not end this year. The beta game will end after the adventure, and will probably start refreshed when the official rules comes out in Spring/Summer 2013.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 am

Welcome, bruno!

Who doesn't like sci-fi and Star Wars? ;)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:15 am

Glad to have you aboard, bruno!!!

We have a huge group of people that love the sci-fi. Take a look at what's on the site and please feel free to ask any of teh GM's about their games. We're all here to help.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 pm

I've talked w Bruno and he's decided to join one of my wonky SW games..as a droid no less! Glad to have you, Bruno!
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:40 pm

BEEP DEEP BEEP BEEP DO DEE WHEEEE!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:58 pm

"HOW RUDE!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!