Hello from the icy north

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Hello from the icy north

Post by Tarciryan » Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 pm

A bastard rising
his greatsword primed for battle
a wilted clover

Hello everyone, I had to shamelessly exploit your haiku-bonus. My name is Kenneth and I live in the frozen wastes of Norway. I'm fairly new to this PbP ways of doing things, and I have to say it's a blessing to be able to focus 100% of the RP-part, and less with rolling dices and suffer fools as a GM myself.

I've played RP on and off for the last 15 years, but it's not until I found my merry gathering of fellower RP'ers five years ago that I really hit my stride. I had a friend at work that was really into MERP, and was an able GM. So after playing his games for a few months, I started running games myself. In addition we played some Warhammer and Badlands, until I started to familiarize myself with A Song of Ice and Fire, which is, by far my favorite RPG. So that's why I'm here:-)

I've joined up with all the others in A Clover Blooms Red. Well, not really, as I'm going solo in my prelude at the moment, playing a bastard nephew of a lord whose house is in decline. He has terrible tragedy looming in his past and goes by the name "The Smallfolk's Justice".

Anyways, I'm always looking to expand, so if anyone are running really interesting games, I wouldn't mind learning about a new RPG, universe and all. Just make sure it's not as hack'n slash as MERP, as I rarely found myself as free to RP as I like.

Cya'round!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Hello from the icy north

Post by Hayabusa » Mon May 06, 2013 12:04 pm

Another one from Europe, great! :D

Welcome, Tarciryan!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Hello!
If you are interested, there is room for one more player in my Warhammer (2e) Arabyan Nights game - it takes place in Araby, and is naturally different from "normal" Warhammer that takes place in the Empire. It is much more romantic, swashbuckling fun. pm me if you are interested.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Welcome aboard! Good to see another one from over the pond! Enjoy.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm

Welcome to the site Tarc (I bequeath you this nickname to ease my typing). I look forward to seeing you in ACBR, and other games after that!

Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tarciryan » Wed May 08, 2013 12:04 am

Grimbold wrote:Hello!
If you are interested, there is room for one more player in my Warhammer (2e) Arabyan Nights game - it takes place in Araby, and is naturally different from "normal" Warhammer that takes place in the Empire. It is much more romantic, swashbuckling fun. pm me if you are interested.
I only ever played 3ed, would I be completely lost? :-p

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 am

I do not know 3e, but I heard that 3e is more about using different dice and 2e is more about rolling d00 and comparing it to your skill.
ie you have Weapon Skill 50 and you roll 40, you hit, if you roll 60 you miss.
One player just left the game, so there is a finished character up for grabs, an old noble ex war hero. Tell me if you are interested or need more info.

Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tarciryan » Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Grimbold wrote:I do not know 3e, but I heard that 3e is more about using different dice and 2e is more about rolling d00 and comparing it to your skill.
ie you have Weapon Skill 50 and you roll 40, you hit, if you roll 60 you miss.
One player just left the game, so there is a finished character up for grabs, an old noble ex war hero. Tell me if you are interested or need more info.
Yeah, I'm interested. But I haven't played in a year and half, and I've never GM'ed, so I need to read through the rules first. Give me a few days?

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Cool. You might check out the "arabyan nights thread" in the misc section. The ooc threads have a short summary of the rules. Pm me if you have questions. Hope you can joon us!

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Cool. You might check out the "arabyan nights thread" in the misc section. The ooc threads have a short summary of the rules. Pm me if you have questions. Hope you can join us!