Greetings from a New Player

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Greetings from a New Player

Post by TetNak » Fri May 01, 2015 4:26 pm

I thought the old guy was @Trogdor ;)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri May 01, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm nearly forty-one as well. I would guess a lot of people here are middle-aged or older. I know I do play-by-post because my schedule no longer permits me to game face-to-face as I did when I was younger.

And welcome, Dolarhyde.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 01, 2015 4:30 pm

That's my problem as well. I was in several gaming groups, then in only one but since I am out of university I can forget it. So just pbp games for me.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri May 01, 2015 4:34 pm

TetNak wrote:I thought the old guy was @Trogdor ;)
I thought I was a couple years older than Trogdor. At least that's what I remember when we talked at BrenCon a few years ago.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri May 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Shurijo wrote:
TetNak wrote:I thought the old guy was @Trogdor ;)
I thought I was a couple years older than Trogdor. At least that's what I remember when we talked at BrenCon a few years ago.
I don't think so :)

You guys are the opposite of me. I never played face-to-face in my youth. I was such a closet nerd. Now, I have a regular gaming group. We don't play RPGs, but other games, such as board and cards.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

@Dolarhyde

I meant to ask you since you're the first member to register on the new forums.

How did the registration, account creation, submitting first post, having that post approved, etc. process go? Did the captcha (anti-bot countermeasure) work okay? It should have asked you a game related question. Did it make sense to you at first about having your first post approved? Are the forums laid out okay?

Feel free to speak freely, we've just moved in and we're still tweaking things. I just want to make sure the sign up process made sense and it wasn't confusing or anything.

thanks

Dolarhyde
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dolarhyde » Wed May 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Shurijo wrote:@Dolarhyde

I meant to ask you since you're the first member to register on the new forums.

How did the registration, account creation, submitting first post, having that post approved, etc. process go? Did the captcha (anti-bot countermeasure) work okay? It should have asked you a game related question. Did it make sense to you at first about having your first post approved? Are the forums laid out okay?

Feel free to speak freely, we've just moved in and we're still tweaking things. I just want to make sure the sign up process made sense and it wasn't confusing or anything.

thanks
Yeah, all of that seemed to work really well. No flaws that I could detect at all. I do have one suggestion. Maybe have one area that contains all of the necessary player aids, like character sheets, character generators and that sort of thing. I think one repository for those items would be a nice addition.
The Spice Must Flow

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Thanks. We had a "downloads" section on the last forum which had a lot of that, but it was never 100% up to date. We'll work on adding something like that. Most of the time, GMs always have their own preferences on how they do char gen and which sheets they use or not use, but bringing back the downloads section will help with some free material (like how to play guides, or standard char sheets).

Dolarhyde
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dolarhyde » Wed May 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Well, maybe the GMs could include a section with these materials in each of the games they're running. On the other hand, a Google search isn't all that difficult, LOL.
The Spice Must Flow

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Wed May 06, 2015 2:33 pm

A bit late to the party, but welcome!
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin