Greetings, Adventurers!

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Philistine
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hired Gun

Greetings, Adventurers!

Post by Philistine » Wed May 06, 2015 3:13 pm

I go by "Philistine," or "Phil" for short. What can I tell you about me? Well...

- The username is a relic of a long-ago vigorous discussion of the arts - it was originally thrown at me as an insult, which I then adopted as my handle. So that probably ought to tell you something.
- I grew up playing adventure and role-playing games on the computer, but didn't ever really get into PNP RPGs until I was past 30. I discovered the "play-by-forum" format (and a couple of sites that support it) a few years after that, and have since spent really unreasonable amounts of time at various other sites. In fact, I came to this site in response to an invitation I received at one of those sites.
- Pursuant to the above, my favorite systems include SWSE (the only d20-based game I still play regularly), FATE, and Savage Worlds; I'm pretty badly burned out on D&D 3.X and its close derivatives (including Pathfinder).
- I never played "Cops and Robbers" or "Cowboys and Indians" in the schoolyard or with the other kids in the neighborhood, why? Because Star Wars came out and completely supplanted those with "X-Wings and TIE Fighters" (and more generally, "Rebels and Imperials") just about the time I got old enough for those kinds of games. I do not think I can possibly overstate how fundamentally the Original Trilogy shaped my tastes.

So, here I am.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Re: Greetings, Adventurers!

Post by Olligarchy » Wed May 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Welcome to the board! I trust you'll have a blast!
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Welcome, Philistine! Great to have you aboard!
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Welcome!

As another new member (new since we changed forums), I wanted to see if you've had any problems with registration, posting, or figuring anything out. We're still tweaking the forums, so if you have any problems be sure to let someone know.

And also, we have a Facebook group , just in case there's server related problems, updates/status is posted to FB. We hope that doesn't happen often, but it still happens every now and then when the server needs to be restarted or patched or whatever.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Welcome!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Welcome aboard! Check out the Master Game List

http://www.dicefellowship.org/app.php/games

If you are looking for games! Glad to have you.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Philistine
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hired Gun

Post by Philistine » Wed May 06, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks, all!

The only difficulty I encountered in the registration process was with the captcha, as I didn't realize the first time exactly what it wanted ("Four" was not accepted for "4" 8-) ). Also, the error message didn't specify where I'd gone wrong when it kicked me back to the previous screen.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 06, 2015 4:15 pm

Philistine wrote:Thanks, all!

The only difficulty I encountered in the registration process was with the captcha, as I didn't realize the first time exactly what it wanted ("Four" was not accepted for "4" 8-) ). Also, the error message didn't specify where I'd gone wrong when it kicked me back to the previous screen.
Thanks. I'll update the text to say to enter a number rather than spelling the answer.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed May 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Phil, can I ask how you learned about us?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Welcome, Philistine! I'm sure we'll have a lot of PbP fun together.

EDIT: I invited him, Tet.
A.K.A. Tvrod.