Helllo !

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
wandering
Level 0
Level 0

Re: Helllo !

Post by wandering » Thu May 14, 2015 10:11 pm

lol, game of thrones is popular even here but I don't see it because I just don't like it.
Tried to the books but stopped at vol 2 or 3

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 pm

I don't really watch the shows these days because how badly they're screwing up the book. Think the Hobbit problems x 100. The books are where its at.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:15 pm

They aren't 'screwing up the book''. Since GRRM is so damn slow, the movie has to work around the fact that he hasen't finished the last 2 books. The show will have the same outcome as the books but how it gets there will be different. They stated this over a year ago. I enjoy both the books and the show.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 14, 2015 11:28 pm

I enjoy both as well, but I've seen more on HBO than I've read (currently *still* reading book 3). I think season 1 was near perfect by the book (except maybe a few too many gratuitous sex\nudity scenes, but hey, it's HBO they do it because network TV can't), then they diverged a bit from season 2 onwards and started combining characters or removing things to make room for other things, etc. But hey, it's a TV show, it had to be simplified a bit for the audience because it's easier to read and keep track of several dozens characters and families :)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm

Have you watched any of this season? If you don't think this crap is garbage, well, I'm not sure what to say. Sansa stark marries Ramsay Bolton, right ... Jorah gets greyscale, Barristan/Grey Worm dies ... haha. laughable.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 14, 2015 11:37 pm

TetNak wrote:Have you watched any of this season? If you don't think this crap is garbage, well, I'm not sure what to say. Sansa stark marries Ramsay Bolton, right ... Jorah gets greyscale, Barristan/Grey Worm dies ... haha. laughable.
No spoilers man! :D I only watch it on Netflix DVDs, so I haven't seen anything this season.

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Thu May 14, 2015 11:39 pm

What bothered me the most was the little boat that Jorah sails, and into Valyria of all places. Which is a pretty pleasant place with nice beaches according to the show.
Don't know why they merged with the Rhoyne,. I still watch sure, but get aggravated a lot:)
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri May 15, 2015 12:26 am

Shurijo wrote:
TetNak wrote:Have you watched any of this season? If you don't think this crap is garbage, well, I'm not sure what to say. Sansa stark marries Ramsay Bolton, right ... Jorah gets greyscale, Barristan/Grey Worm dies ... haha. laughable.
No spoilers man! :D I only watch it on Netflix DVDs, so I haven't seen anything this season.
Don't bother watching it. None of these things happen in the books.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri May 15, 2015 12:58 am

Anyways, welcome to the site Wandering. I think that is what this thread is for. :s

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 15, 2015 2:57 am

Quenya is my second language.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring