Curris

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Curris
Level 4
Level 4

Curris

Post by Curris » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:58 am

Well, How do you do?
An Introduction Haiku;
Just the thing to do.

Curris, they call me,
Master of the RPG,
I love games, you see. . .

Got time on my hands,
I'm the center of big plans,
You should ask my fans. . .

Arbitrarily large haiku aside, I am Curris online, and Chris Kramer offline. I am from Illinois, USA. I have played Shadowrun, DnD 2nd Ed., 3.0, and 3.5. I have run games in all of those, as well as Paranoia, Final Fantasy (Returners). I would enjoy any White Wolf game or GURPS (Although I have never played them). I also participated in a year's worth of a homebrew game based on the Dark Tower series of Stephen King novels.

I like to pull off pratical jokes, both in game and out. I enjoy cryptograms, palindromes, wordplay, and other mental pursuits. I am a veritable fount of random trivia. I have pondered the existance of an entity of the SQRT(-1)-th dimension.

I think too much, and talk more, but I am active in games, and I never run out of ideas. I played face to face for about two years before I moved out of Chicago, and hence away from PnP games. Only recently have I found a new RL group. To that extent I have found this (and other sites).

I am currently 20 and going to college to acquire an Engineering Associates Degree. Since my schedule sucks, I have about 6 dead hours everyday to post to the internet.

I would love to go to a renassaince fair, or a gamer or anime convention if I had the time or money. I support historic reenactments, the Society of Creative Anachronism, Pepsi, Cartoon Network, Fiction, 1980's music, and I think Audrey Hepbourn is/was hot.

The News disgusts me. Reality sure has fallen into the Drek in the last few years. I believe in all the best parts of chivalry. I believe feudalism, or monarchy would suite America better. I vote Third Party, since I don't trust monkey 1 or monkey 2. (Don't trust 3, 4, or 6 either,). Everything works better on a small scale, and moderation in all things are great mottos. Boondock Saints taught me how the world Should Be. I am not a violent person. (I am the spitting image of patience and pacifism). But I wish I were. . . I come from a good family, for which I am thankful. I make friends slowly, but absolutely. I would trust all my friends with a loaded uzi, if I had a $50,000,000 dollar bounty on my head. I play Magic the Gathering. I enjoy hammocks. Coffee is dispicable. Bubble gum is my Ambrosia. I have never won the lottery. I plan to learn Latin, Japanese, and How to Play the Bagpipes. I used to be fervently Irish. Now I am moderately Irish.

I completely Love the Ultima Series of video games (except Ultima Online; never played it), and fully enjoyed the Command and Conquer Series.

I used to LOVE Star Wars and HATE Star Trek. Now I mildly like them both. I am a self-described nerd. I take that name with pride. I failed to cook microwavable popcorn without burning it ,three times in a row! I am a Scorpio. I work as a Radio Station Switchboard Operator/DJ, a grocery bagger/carryout, and as a student librarian.

I have never killed anyone. . . and been convicted.

That is really more than you ever needed to know about me.

PS. If you see "Curris" on other forums, games, or whatnot, it's me. It really is a small world after all.

PPS. I will be starting my own game here soon. . . I'll keep you posted.

PPPS. Feel free to ask any other questions. I may make a full biography. . .

PPPPS. And Curris spoke, saying, "Lo, for I am introduced. Gaze upon my works, ye mighty, and tremble!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Curris

Post by TetNak » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:06 am

How was the Homebrew game based on the Dark Tower? I put dibs on Roland!
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Thankee Sai
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came

On another not glad to see an active RPG'er join the ranks as a Game master, as the last few have flopped, getting you and World Eater going would be cool.
Jungleboi-disapeared and his GURPS game died
MountianViking Vanished killing his game.

Hopefully you will not do the same

Curris
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Curris » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:57 am

http://www.dndonlinegames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188

That is the forum where the game was played. Alas, it is on indefinate Hiatus. It was run using the DnD 3.5 ruleset, which we later hybrided into DnD 3.5 / Modern D20. Basically, the concept was that as Roland and Company went to save existance, the universe called other heroes to follow and help. Sort of like a karmic failsafe. Mostly we followed the course of Roland (Who was following the man in black. . .) We were hounded frequently by a dark-armoured nemesis, a persona of Randall Flagg/Martin Broadcloak/Walkin' Dude/etc.

We had in our party a Dwarven Psychic Warrior, an Elan Psion, A failed gunslinger sent west, a wizard, a cleric, and a modern teenager. Actually, the game was engaging and we made a cohesive group. I would recommend reading the archives, if you have the free time.

As for myself disappearing and killing a game; I doubt that that will happen. I may slow down posting frequency during holidays and school work-intensive periods, but if I invest my time and effort into a game, I will make it work.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:36 am

Sounds like it was an interesting game.

Welcome back, Curris! :)
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Curris
Level 4
Level 4