Moonstone Spider

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
MoonstoneSpider
Level 2
Level 2

Moonstone Spider

Post by MoonstoneSpider » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:10 am

Crafter finds one flaw
Grinds solid light against the wheel
Now the gem is perfect

As you can probably tell in my Haiku, in real life I'm a Jewelsmith. Not a Jeweler, which is just a person who resells pre-made jewelry, but a smith who creates jewelry with saws and files and blowtorches and grinders a lot of other complex tools I won't bore you with.

I have an interest in most sciences but particularly biology and astronomy and a moderate head for trivia. I drink enourmous quantities of tea and dabble in Yoga, Pressure Point and Thai Massage, and Herbalism.

I'm a relentless creator, I have never seen anything, anywhere that I liked, that I didn't immediately try to make my own (My 3d-grader home-made Transformers of Clay and Wax were a failure, by the way). In that vein I don't just play RPGs but constantly write them, I'm rather proud of the fact that I won the 2005 Mecha RPG Contest in RPG.net for best Mecha-based RPG, and I plan to try to sell PDFs of the game as soon as I can find a group who'll playtest it some more and work out any bugs left.

I'm very big on posting a lot in an RPG and play with no local groups where I live. All my gaming is online.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Moonstone Spider

Post by TetNak » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:24 am

Hey! Welcome to the site! Hope to see you in plenty of games here! I'm like you, only online RPGs! Anyway, if interested in any games (other than Worldeaters) just let that DM know!

Again, welcome!

Tet
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:34 am

Hey and welcome. Love the avatar... seen it somewhere before and have no idea where.

They say when you get old, the memory's the first thing to go. They're wrong... it's the knees.

*hobbles off*

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:20 am

Any chance you'd run (or play-test) your game here? If you like someone to review some stuff or if you have anything online that you are sharing, post a link or send me a PM. I wouldn't mind getting into another good game around here. If you want to DM it, just let the admins know.

Curris
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Curris » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:37 pm

It's not just Shurijo, I, and probably dozens of others would love to playtest your game. We are open-minded, able to constructively critisize, and are very patient. Plus we are stock full of advice and experience. If you wish to run it, I'd gladly help play or work with it.

Anyway, Welcome to the site. I think you'll enjoy the quality of games on this site, as well as the demeanor of the gamers. Glad to have ya.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:55 pm

In case anyone wanted to check it out, Moonstone Spider's game is posted over at http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=208903

MoonstoneSpider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MoonstoneSpider » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:19 pm

Wow, thanks Shujiro I didn't know the Original PDF was still up.

That's nice of you guys to help me. I'll take you up on it.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:22 pm

You should check with the admins to see if they can create a forum for you. I've found a few typos and miscalculations on the NPC character points. I just need a place to post the comments. Unless you have a new version of the document with everything updated.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:34 pm

Typically, we ask that people play here for awhile before running a game here.

However, I'm going to step in and make an exception, because playtesting new games is cool and we like poking at rules a lot.

Let me know what to call the forum.

MoonstoneSpider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MoonstoneSpider » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:08 am

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was such a rule.

Perhaps if you could post a sticky thread or some such to help newbs figure out how things work it would be beneficial.

Thanks for letting me run it anyway.

I suppose the Forum could be Dreadful Tide games. Or, perhaps just Misc. Games where people can put anything that doesn't fit the other catagories.