Manatee

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
manatee
Level 2
Level 2

Manatee

Post by manatee » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:51 am

Sweet cow of the sea,
please don't eat the manatee...
it is quite gristly.

--

Howdy,

Well, I'm no longer pushing 30 having just turned it recently. I've played primarily CRPG and not touched a printed sourcebook in close to 10 years. I'm interested in playing just about anything, but am primarily interested in PbP and OpenRPG (I'd have to be convinced to getting a pay-for-play client, since the majority of the forums for virtual tabletops look like they have about 2 games total running... must be run privately).

My only experience with 3E d&d rules is from neverwinter nights, which I recently reinstalled in hopes of finding a DM run online game - but I haven't found one yet that is not running at an oddball time to cater to UK folk. I've been using a character generator called RedBlade to put together a particularly able bard (using 4d6 drop 1 I got 18,17,17,15,14,11) but before actually playing anywhere (with any character) I'm going to need some remedial handholding by the DM to make sure I don't make utterly assinine decisions spending my skill points and choosing feats.

Found this site by following Worldeater's recruitment posts on rpg.net, though I'm pretty sure his beer&pretzel game is full.

Hope all is well,
Chris/Manatee

Curris
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Manatee

Post by Curris » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:39 pm

Manatee, eh?

I'm going down to Cowtown,
The cow's a friend to me,
Lives beneath the ocean,
That's where I will be,
Beneath the waves, the waves,
That's where I will be,
I'm goint to see the cows beneath the sea.

This poem is not a haiku, nor is it Curris's original work.

Anyway, welcome! I don't think that we will use any virtual tabletop clients (Although I myself have used OpenRPG, only crazy people pay for RPG clients. . .) As for the re-education, it will come faster than you think. One warning though, Dnd 3.0 + 3.5 operates differently in Never Winter Nights, than it does in most other games, so expect some changes.

The beer and pretzel game is full (I think, maybe not. Not my place to say.) but other games are opening now. Keep an ear out.

Anyway, welcome again! Glad to have you!

MoonstoneSpider
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MoonstoneSpider » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:02 am

Welcome Manatee.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:42 am

Hello there, Manatee.

I've seen several mentions of OpenRPG here lately (both on the site and in the chatroom). I might be persuaded to opening an OpenRPG server, but the main focus of this site will remain PbP gaming.

An OpenRPG server might prove to be an interesting aside though. Last time I've looked at OpenRPG was about 4 years ago. I bet it has changed a bit since then.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Geist
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Geist » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:35 pm

Hi there! I like manatees. They fed the sailors' imaginations and caused them to cry "mermaid!"

Curris: Thanks for quoting from my favorite They Might Be Giants album!
:D

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:24 am

Welcome Manatee! Check out the thread about our games, that lists the various games, the stages they are in, and whos running what themed place. There is an opening in one of my games as well, its going to be an evil run game however, and the group is playing as a pack of Grunlings (think Goblins), its in the Shadow Rift thread if you are intrested. Other wise you should send Private Messages (PMs) to the various DMs, myself, TetNak, Worldeater, Wayloss, etc, as we have just aquired some new DMs and some new games.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring