Howdy Y'all (he said, unironically)

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 am

The name's Critias, in real life I'm an even bigger geek than most, in that I do RPGs and vidja games and novels and stuff as my full-time gig (I've mostly written for Shadowrun, but I've got a good half-dozen or so other properties under my belt, too).

I'm a long-time SOIAF fan, and familiar with play-by-posts (heck, it's how I met my wife). I heard about this forum recently in the aftermath of an online SOIAF forum kind of splitting up/falling apart, and figured I'd come take a look and see if I can find a game or two!

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Welcome! If you nerd out for SOIAF we've been doing a lot of live games in addition to our 2 (soon to be one) PbPs.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Welcome. I'm your GM for all things ASOIAF. As @Walterpeck mentioned, we have a game going where everyone is playing sellsails in Essos. That's the only game that could use anyone in PbP. We're also doing live games on Roll20.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:46 am

Cool, and thanks for the welcome(s)! I'll need to read up on a few threads to see how the Roll20 games get scheduled, etc, but I might be able to crash one of those and have some fun.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm

On Roll20, we basically run the game when people are available at nights.

I might have a new ASOIAF game starting in the next month.

Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Would the new game be a PbP or a Roll20?

Related question: Where do I find info about the Roll20 games? I see three games in the ASOIAF area, but they all look like PbPs to me (so I'm seeing scheduling info or recruitment pages or anything for Roll20 games, like I'd hoped to stumble across).

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:12 pm

The Roll20 stuff really isn't hosted here. Some information can be found here: http://bladesandblasters.dreamhosters.com/.

The best area for all my ASOIAF stuff is this post: http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 922&t=8874.

I'm not starting any new PbP games for the foreseeable future. I'm basically moving away from PbP due to the overall slowness and lack of satisfaction that brings.

Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:38 am

Cool, thanks Tet. I'll take a look! :)

Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:23 am

Oh, and just for transparency's sake (since I never posted it, despite meaning to), I kind-of-know a few of your from Dragon's Dance. I was Aerion Storm over there, the bastard with a lance.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Hey don't be stealing our new members for your heretical Roll20 Game! :)

Check out the Master Game Link at the top of the page for all the active games. We have plenty more than just ASOIAF as well. Even if a game says 'closed' send the GM a message anyhow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring