At your service

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Deaghaidh
Level 1
Level 1

At your service

Post by Deaghaidh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 pm

I followed a link from an RPGgeek forum post about the Ruins of Arnor game. Looks like I'm too late to join in on that one, but I'm hoping another opportunity to get more The One Ring experience pops up.

If anyone's on the paradox boards, I'm a longtime member there. Back in the day I used to play in a lot of the forum games, even tried my hand at running a few steampunk-themed ones. Those fell apart (protip: having everything depend on a single gm with ADHD is not a great idea) and I gradually pulled back from those games.

Aside from Middle Earth, I'm interested in several sci-fi franchises. I'd be down for Battletech, Star Wars, Firefly, pretty much any of the space operas.

Deaghaidh
Level 1
Level 1

At your service

Post by Deaghaidh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Sorry to accidentally create two intro posts. For some reason the whole "new users have to have their post approved" thing went over my head, and I thought somehow I screwed up posting the first time.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

At your service

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Actually, the GM is on vacation now, so the game is on pause. We already have two new players for a total of five, but Vardaen (the GM) might be open to a third new person. It can't hurt to drop him a Private Message or post in the Welcome to the North OOC forum and ask.

Deaghaidh
Level 1
Level 1

At your service

Post by Deaghaidh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Well I put my nose in there and in Oaths of the Riddermark. It's a shame that I didn't know about the North game long ago. Looks like you spent a long time on some things that are particularly interesting to me (Dunland, the Lost Realms of Arthedain, Cardolan and Rudhaur and their potential for restoration). Have you guys created any kind of summary for newcomers? I've started reading the early parts but that would take a long while to catch up.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word

At your service

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:10 pm

No, there's no summary, but we're only just about to start the official adventure, so I think most of what happened will be relevant primarily as character backstory, which we can probably catch you up on in character. But I'd let the GM confirm that when he gets back.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

At your service

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:18 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you on board. Hopefully you get into that One Ring game. Feel free to look around to see if there's anything else you'd be interested in. Looking at your initial post, the only games in Space that I'm aware of are the Starfinder game and the Warhammer 40k game. Not sure those are quite Space Opera, but I know both games would be happy to have another PC.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

At your service

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Welcome! You might want to know that things are a bit slow at the moment as the site's main GM (Vardaen) is on holiday, things should get faster in a few days.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

At your service

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Welcome! I've just returned from a long vacation. I'm open to another player in Ruins of the North and Warhammer 40K so if you are still interested Deaghaidh take a look at the games, and we can work on getting you into them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring