SWBG Has Ended

OOC Section of the Black Gate
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

SWBG Has Ended

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:34 am

Today I decided to end the first chapter of SWBG. The reason I did this is because it is my opinion that the game is going very close to no where. With three players, with none really posting for various reasons, I think its time to move on.

If you want to play in a second chapter, we might be able to get one started. Otherwise I look at my first GM'd game as a success. Although it didn't go exactly how I wished it would have, I think it was at least interesting.

I would like to thank all the players that played in this game. Brennor, Vardaen, Gozer, Brynn, and Keledron. (Brynn and Keledron no longer frequent the site).

To those that would like me to continue GMing this game, please let me know. If you really do not want me to, or would rather have something else (GURPS based) GM'd, let me know. You won't hurt my feeling by saying SWBG isn't your first choice.

Thanks,

Tet
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:35 pm

I agree that SWBG was getting close to nowhere.

It might be interesting to let it go on. I like the characters and all. They definitely grow on you.

One of my problems with posting to this game (other than class), was that in many cases, there really only seemed to be one way to go. One that I didn't see Threep wanting to take, and I didn't really want to take him that way either. I'd usually end up re-reading the majority of the thread to see if there was something I missed before making a new post, which takes alot longer than just tacking onto the end.

It is a double-edged sword though, one choice you don't want to take is hard, but way too many choices is also hard.

Any ideas where you are going to take this game?

Some sort of smuggling run would be interesting.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:06 pm

Yeah. I agree. That is why I have been trying to change that in other games. I felt CoF was like that too.

However, I feel that SR and SS have gotten away from the mold. I am trying to give the characters choices and have consequences for it. Just as Var going in to the hut with the "woman." He didn't have to do that. Allerian's SS game is full of choices so far.

What I am trying to do know, is when I think about what I want to happen next, I want to offer at least two possible (and plausible) sound options. One might certainly lead to disaster (like Var's thing, which could have easily got him killed, he was lucky it didn't actually) and the other not so much disaster.

I think that future instances of the game should be better as I develop a bit as a GM here on the site.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:16 pm

Yup, I've noticed that.

In just the short amount of time you've been running games here, there has been a bunch of advancement in your GM'ing style.

I really like the way you are running SS. It seems MUCH more natural than this game was.

And no, I'm not saying that SWBG was bad. I did enjoy it, overall.

Perhaps SWBG will turn out better if we take a similar approach here? Guess it depends on what the other players want to do.

And, well, ultimately whether you want to continue or not.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:20 pm

I am up for the game. I still would like a couple other GURPS games as well... Camelot, etc.

But if people want this game to keep going, I will keep GMing. I want at least 4 active players though.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:35 pm

That is only 1 more player... Well, if Gozer stops WoWing enough to post! :)

Wasn't there interest expressed in this game by someone else?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: SWBG Has Ended

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:37 pm

Jungleboie.