Bitom's Space War

This forums contains a bunch of different types of forum games that are not related to the RPG games run here.
Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Turn 21 is processed

Post by Bitom » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 am

Sorry for the delay, I have no excuse but idiocy. Next turn due Thursday, feb 2.

If you are happy with your orders, include the words "Final answer" on your orders tab, and once I get all "Final answers" I'll immediately process. (Immediately = when I get around to it)

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Turn 21 is processed

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Sounds like a plan...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 am

My final orders are complete and entered...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:47 pm

I've been working on the computerized version of this game (As well as a board game version, but that's another story entirely) Part of what I'm designing is a drag-and-drop interface for moving ships, attacking, building ships, etc. In order to do this, I need to represent the ships with icons instead of words (Otherwise the map will be HUUUGE, like it is in your google docs.)

Last night, I took my first stab at making those icons. Have a look HERE and let me know what you think.
Last edited by Bitom on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:58 pm

It'll take a bit to get used to the icons but it should work...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:01 pm

what I'm envisioning is a grid much like the one you're used to seeing, but with less information at first.

As you move your mouse about the grid, the sector you've moused over will expand and show all of the information about the sector that you know.

I'm doing this because the maximum size of a sector if I display all of the information is what you see on the test link, which is just too much to be in the normal view (I'm trying to make it so you don't have to scroll the browser window.)

What info do you think should be in the smaller view? (Shown on every sector) My initial thought is: total number of ships, or possibly 2 lines, one for number of ships, one for number of emplacements.

In know this is a little hard to picture just from words. I'm going to try and have a demo up in the next few weeks.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Turn 22 is processed

Post by Bitom » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Next turns will be due Tuesday, Feb 7th. This is how I'll do it from now on. turns will be processed as soon as I have all "Final answers" (and I get around to it) Turns will be due 1 week after I process the previous turn.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Turn 22 is processed

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:23 am

My final orders are now in place for the next turn...

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Updated The Defense station and Dreadnought based on suggestions.

Full set is still here: http://brennor.dyndns.org/~bitom/SpaceWarDev/test.html
Last edited by Bitom on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:24 am

And now, a demo of the map:
http://brennor.dyndns.org/~bitom/SpaceWarDev/test2.html

click on a sector to expand it and get more info.