Chapter 8 - The Golden Dragon: Reception Hall

Eberron is a new world described as Pulp Noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows. Starting during the final years of The Last War, this Eberron game turned back the official clock to a time of warring nations on the verge of disaster. Now with the Last War over the memories and shadows of it linger on.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Chapter 8 - The Golden Dragon: Reception Hall

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:34 pm

"I can pop us right down next to them," Val whispers. "If you want to catch 'em by surprise."
I've got a DD ready to take us down if people want to go the quick way.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm

"Works for me," Benmarrow says, preparing himself to break into a rage and shift into his bestial form.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Seeing no objections, Val positions the group for proper orientation on arrival, and then teleports then quietly counts down from five for the teleport, to allow anyone to make what preparations they need "... three, two, one, now." He teleports the group down and over to surprise the man and warforged.
The plan is to use DD to get us up close and personal to the two enemies. I'll position us so that Benmarrow and Nirus are in front, Val in the middle, and Les and Tin Man are in the back. (Unless people want to be placed differently. I'm good with that too.) If there's time before we go, Val will store Hold person in ring (using Spell Storing Item). The countdown is to give Benmarrow a chance to Rage right before we teleport out.

I haven't marked anything off my GDocs sheet, since I wasn't sure what of this plan would come off properly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm

You can do that infusion. It does give the enemies time to do something else themselves.

I'll mark your sheet
As Val hurries and infusion into his ring the group circles up around him. A minute later he nods, ready. Then he holds up a hand, each one of you touching him, and counts down, 5,4,3,2,1, now...

You wink out of your current location and appear in the cargo hold below. There is a terrible wind blowing through the hold and you look back behind you and realize that Telgin Char, the man (human not hobgoblin) has activated a small pannel in the cargo area and opened up the bay doors! The city of Sharn is visible beyond and a great wind whips through the area into the bay from outside. Neither Telgin or the Warforged, whos name you'll learn later is Kray, were expecting you, atleast not in this manner. You have the jump on them for the moment.
Surprise Round -- YOU CAN ONLY TAKE A SINGLE STANDARD ACTION IN THE SURPRISE ROUND> REPEAT> YOU CAN ONLY TAKE A STANDARD ACTION IN THE SURPRISE ROUND (Plus a 5ft step and Free Actions) SO DONT POST MOVING AND THEN DOING SOMETHING OR I SWEAR I'LL TOSS YOUR CHARACTER OUT THE SHIP! :)

Surprise: Benmarrow 27, Tin Man 23, Les 19, Telgin 17, Val 16, Kray 11, Nirus 5

You guys can post in any order in the surprise round, the foes don't get to act.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Les seems to be enjoying his rays today, he steps back and to the side, starting to gain a little more distance. He can't see Telgin right now, but he's not that concerned, the man will make himself seen soon enough. On the other hand, Kray is hard to miss, and Les has a ray that he greatly enjoys using on giant warforged. A black line lanced from the archer's finger toward the hulking construct.
5' SW Ray of enfeeblement, sheet updated

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Not seeing the man where he expected him, Val goes with his fall back plan - firing a stream of magic missiles at the warforged. He's concerned about where the man has gone. But there will be time enough for that later.
Standard Action: Use wand of MM on warforged
Edited to account for lack of LOS
Last edited by Trogdor on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 am

Assuming I'm already rage/shifted
Benmarrow, already holding his spear spikard and ready for battle, slides forward and attacks the warforged with all his might without warning. His attack is without mercy, hoping to damage it badly or destroy it before it can counterattack.
5-Foot-N
Full Attack (2-Handed Power Attack): +20/-10
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:25 am

Nirus lunges forward with his two scimitars. The elf twirls his body and the tip of his blades slash diagonally across the warforged's torso. His graceful offensive maneuvers sharply contrast the attacks made by Benmarrow.
5-foot-N
full attack vs warforged

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm

Tin Man does not see the small man anywhere at the moment, but, like Les, he does see the giant Warforged. He steps to the side, putting his back against a nearby skiff and setting multiple arrows to the string of the borrowed bow. He doesn't use this particular maneuver too often, but it seems to make sense in this situation. He pulls back, releasing two arrows at the warforged.
5' step NW. Manyshot, point-blank, precise @ Krak.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Surprise Benmarrow 27, Tin Man 23, Les 19, Telgin 17, Val 16, Kray 11, Nirus 5
The group appears in the belly of the ship and at once leaps to the attack. Benmarrow steps and thrusts. His spear slams into the side of the leg of Kray and bounces harmlessly off its adamantine plating of the construct. The resounding *BONG* alerts everyone that you are here!

Tin Man side steps to get into range and with two arrows on his string fires. His top arrow flies high over the head of the other warforged, his lower arrow bounces harmlessly off the massive creature unable to pierce any joints or weakspots!

Les then also sidesteps and fires. At the last moment he realizes that Val is right there in front of him and he quickly points up high, too high, over the head of thing and nearly fumbling his spell and striking his companions with the ray Les curses loudly missing.

Val points a wand at the Warforged, and is the only one so far to harm the surprised hunk of adamantine and claw. The five magical missiles scream from the wand and strike *plink* *plink* *plink* five times into the body and shoulder of it leaving small magical pock marks on it.

Nirus, in contrast to Benmarrow powerful thrust, steps and swings gracefully. The weapon Cleaver, enchanted by Val and made of Adamantine slices right through the armor plating of the belly of the warforged. A bright orange juice begins to spill from the inside of the contruct as it takes a serious wound from the Valenar.
Benmarrow: 5ft, Power Attack (10) 11 Miss
Tin Man: 5ft, Many Shot, PBR: 21 Miss
Les: 5ft Ray of Enfeeblement: "1" (fumble: 24) Miss
Val: MM Wand 18 Dmg
Nirus: 38 Hit for 14 + Bane 9 = 23 Dmg
Wow, can you say terrible rolls!
Round 1 Benmarrow 27, Tin Man 23, Les 19, Telgin 17, Val 16, Kray 11, Nirus 5
With the element of surprise still on your side, some of the group presses the so far unimpressive attack. Benmarrow, Tin Man and Les...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring