Chapter 11 - Rise of the Grey Tower

Eberron is a new world described as Pulp Noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows. Starting during the final years of The Last War, this Eberron game turned back the official clock to a time of warring nations on the verge of disaster. Now with the Last War over the memories and shadows of it linger on.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 11 - Rise of the Grey Tower

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:25 pm

Once Werz is ready, Nirus indicates to the shifter that they should retire back to the Drunken Shifter tavern. The elf leads the way and is quite impressed with both Werz and the other applicants who he's noticed from across the tower's courtyards.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 pm

"Drinks sound like a good idea," Val agrees. "It looks like everyone here made a good showing - not that I expected anything else. We can retire to the Drunken Shifter to hammer out the details, if you like." He looks over at the new recruits and explains, "we have a tavern up on the fourth floor. It's more of a private club - members only. But anyone in the Company can bring guests. That's the tavern that Benmarrow is the king of." He smirks. "Shall we head up?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 pm

The various small pairs and such all retire to the Drunken Shifter the private tavern for the Grey Company. Its a nice place, with a good stock of booze and a distinct lack of locals or the smell of them.

Everyone arrives and takes a seat, the last few minutes of this are nearly done.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 pm

Today, two of Benmarrow's new hires are working in the tavern. One is a scantily clad half-elf, named Joy, the others is an similarly dressed human girl, named Elisa.

Benmarrow smiles, walking around the bar himself, and pouring the drinks himself. He counts on the girls to flirt, serve the drinks, and take over things when he grows bored with it or is too drunk to do it himself.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 am

"Well then," Val says, enjoying a glass of cool lager, "We've seen what you can do. And I think you have a general idea of what we can do for you. Terms will be simple. You will fall under the command structure of the Grey Company, and will follow all reasonable orders given to you by your superiors. In practice, however, I expect you'll be working fairly independently. As for payment, there will be a minimal stipend for staying on call, but the bulk of the pay will come based on missions. The Company will give you jobs from time to time, each with a set payment to be delivered upon completion. In addition, you'll have free scavenging rights for whatever you manage to find along the way that's unrelated to your mission goals."

"As a member of the company, you'll also have access to the Grey Company resources. That includes barracks housing, if you're interested, though I expect most of you will want to live in the city at large. You'll have access to the libraries we're amassing. They're small now, but we expect them to grow. There will be space-available use of our crafting facilities and crafters, at cost. We also have an extremely competent Jorasco healer on staff. His availability is limited by his own missions. But he can cast powerful healing magics that can be used on the behalf of members of the Company. Depending on the circumstances, costly spell ingredients may be covered by the Grey Company, or may not. But the spell will be cast for free. There is also the possibility for occasional trips back to Sharn via teleport. This will be fairly random, and also space-available. But to the extent that I have the capacity to take any extra passengers when I visit Sharn, I'll be offering those spots to Company members. And, of course, you'll have access to the Drunken Shifter."

"When you're not on call, you'll be free to do what you like, though we ask that you don't do anything at all in the name of the Company or anything that would reflect poorly on the Company while you're representing yourselves as members of the Grey Company. We also ask that you stay in Stormreach, unless you notify us ahead of time that you'd like to take extended leave from the Company."

"That's the basics," Val concludes. "Are there any questions?"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 am

Werz joins the other in the tavern.

The drunken shifter... Werz thinks to himself knowing very well who the name refers to. He himself is actually to disciplined to overindulge but it looks like he won't get around a shot or two of Kuryeva.
Big Pimpin...

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:48 am

The air in the drunken shifter blurs slightly then BAMF a halfling appears. Dressed head to toe in golden mail. He has a bronze headband of small green gems adorning his head. A mace and various wands hang from his person. A gold coin with an octogram in the middle hangs from his neck. Moving over he nods at his companions and takes a seat with them. Announcing simply "I had little success in finding someone suitable I am afraid."

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 am

Gred shakes his head at Val's speech. "Ah, no. No questions here. And I hope no hard feelings." The dwarf nods towards Ben behind the bar. Turning back to Val, he continues, "I would prefer to live in the barracks, if it's the same ta you. At least for now."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:53 am

"There he is!" Benmarrow smiles when the halfling shows up. "Ale, or gin," he asks Azin, "I suggest the gin, at least for now, I got a contract with some brewery in town. Good stuff," he proclaims, already filling up a cup of gin for the halfling before he can answer.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 am

Azin smiles at Benmarrow '' Gin would be lovely. So these are our fine new recruits. '' The halfling looks around at The Drunken Shifters staff''some more fine then others... Ahem. '' Taking the glass he raises it in salute and drinks deeply only wheezing a little. '' That's a lovely drop'' he says in appreciation.