Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

After the Alien attack in 2023, many of the world'€™s governments were in ruins. Few of them with the resources to defend against, let alone counter, the first attack made by the superior race.

In February of 2024, a new defense force emerged from the USA to defend the earth as we know it; Alien Terror Control. ATC, being funded by the US Government, receives access to the top of the line weapons, planes, research, and personal.

ATC's mission is to protect the US and stop the Aliens at their roots. Beware, more then just Aliens work against ATC and threats from the inside are worse then the out.

The world'€™s fate is in ATC's hands, Your Hands. Will you fight against the Alien race in defending your home planet? Or will you join with them out of Greed and Power Mongering? The choice is yours.

Run by the GM Shinling
Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

Post by Shinling » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:40 pm

'œLay Low', the last advice you received from the radio before it went dead and '˜They' attacked. The First attack wiped out most of the city. The second, only 6 hours later, destroyed the rest of it. With no way to contact the out side world, your blind to it'¦ you don't even know if any of the world is left. The radio mentioned one other thing before doing dead; evacuation areas, if needed, any major park.

It's been a hard 3 weeks since the first attack'¦ or has it been 4? Sometimes its hard to tell how long its been. The lack of electricity and gas makes all of them plug in clocks useless, not to mention everything else as well.

Over the last few weeks most of your time has been spent scavenging for food and materials. You're unsure as to why, but after the attack, you never moved on to another area. It could be that the tunnels and bridges that connect East Flatbush to the rest of the world are now cut off. You know if you want to get off of this floating pile of rubble, you will need to find another way, one you have been unable to obtain.

Your food and water is becoming more limited as the days pass forcing you to scavenge further and further from you hovel of a safe haven. You have had some run-ins with Alien's but have managed to avoid them for the most part. One against 8 is just bad odds. You have had some minor encounters with other humans, mostly people wanting what you have or others trying to run from the Alien patrols sent to wipe out everything they come in contact with. None of these encounters have ended presently'¦ you are still on your own.

Today is the furthest you have traveled yet, and even more so, about to be one of the more interesting days of your life'¦
Welcome to the game! I hope you enjoy it, please see the OOC forum before posting.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:12 am

Staying quiet and as close to the shadows as possible, Jon does his best to size up the man with the shotgun. Its not been wise to simply step out and say high to your neighbors in this day and age where most of the good people had already been rounded up and taken to camps or whatever else it is that occurs to them.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:19 am

From their secreted vantage point, the king and his top general survey the lands about them. Both remaining quiet and still as the scene before them unfolds. That is until the emergence of the dark knight and his mount, from the locksmith's shop.

"TREASON!!!"

The jagged cackling voice of Crumbs resounds through the now occupied street, as he takes to his feet and rounds the corner of the moving van. "You there black knight. You dare poach upon the lands of the king of fresh kill? Surely, you under estimate your liege if you would steal from his very mouth. Kill the trespasser Napolean!!!". The vagabond yells while shaking his walking stick violently about in the air.

Unfortunately, the king's mightiest general does not interpet his masters words correctly, and instead rolls over on his back and plays dead. His slightly wagging tail the only give away of the animal's perfect ruse...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:22 pm

"What the Hell!" The shotgun comes down off of Benny's shoulder. The six foot tall well built man, leans his scarred face over the bead sight of his trusty Mossberg. "King of Fresh Kill? Freshkill is that way On Staten you crazy bastard." A single thought running through his mind "Shit Kingsboro is just a little way from here. Maybe he's a Nuthouse escapee"

Benny speaks once again "What's your name pal?" His shotgun is still raised and waiting for one false move before he'll pump the crazy full of lead. "For if you are the king of Freshkill, than it is you who poaches my land. For I am Emporer of Flatbush, I can summon fire without Flint or Tinder. Fear my mighty Staff of Thunder!!!" Remembering lines from old movies he strings them together and hopes to get a good reaction "Maybe this will get the crazy outta here." Is the only thought racing through his mind...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Oddly, the king of fresh kill finds that the dark knights lance resmbles to closely, a 12 gauge shotgun and turns to his trusted general for council. "Ah, you are truly wise Napolean". With a quick glance back to the knight, Crumbs falls to the ground and convulses. Sickly sounds emitting from his throat, then all is still as man and dog lie there dead...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

"Damn, he must be nuttier than squirrel shit if he thinks that's gonna fool me." Benny says quietly to himself. "Oh, no, the King of Freshkill has died, I guess we better put a bullet in his brain. So that the Aliens can't take control of his body." His tone is overly dramatic and dripping with sarcasm. *Ka-Chook* Benny pumps the action on his shotgun to load a round in the chamber. He clicks the safety on the Mossberg to the Fire position and walks forward extremely slow, waiting for the "King" to rise up...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:48 am

The situation continues to develop. To be honest, this is the most human contact both of you have had in the past week.

If it wasn't for the fact of the man being crazy, his ruse looked very well rehearsed as if he had done it many times before.

Pumping the shotgun causes the sound of greased metal on metal.
On a side note, remember to have at least one other persons post between your posts in the forum. If you decide to take an action that can affect another player, I decide the out come. For instance, shooting or attacking another player. Continue with the free RPing. The choices are yours.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 am

The racheting of the man's pump motivates Crumbs. His head slowly turns to Napolean with eyes still closed and utters, "Perhaps this strategy is beyond his noble mind. Maybe you should try diplomacy instead of embarassing your king.". With that the vagabond opens his eyes and sits up slowly. "Sorry for the delay my good fellow it appeared as though my companion had taken ill so I wished to check on his well being. Personally, I think he is faking it". With that he nudges the boston terrier with two fingers, the little dog instantly reviving and moving to his feet. "As I thought...", he says; "...he was just looking for attention. Now where were we kind sir?"...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:20 am

Being the crazy that the man is... his story is believable - enough.

The pumping of the shotgun seemed to work almost too well as the other dog that was here, is gone.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:24 pm

"General Napolean to your feet!!!", at the same time Crumb's rises to his full height. Seemingly relying heavily upon his walking stick. "So my good knight it would seem that your steed has abandoned you for greener pastures?."...