Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

After the Alien attack in 2023, many of the world'€™s governments were in ruins. Few of them with the resources to defend against, let alone counter, the first attack made by the superior race.

In February of 2024, a new defense force emerged from the USA to defend the earth as we know it; Alien Terror Control. ATC, being funded by the US Government, receives access to the top of the line weapons, planes, research, and personal.

ATC's mission is to protect the US and stop the Aliens at their roots. Beware, more then just Aliens work against ATC and threats from the inside are worse then the out.

The world'€™s fate is in ATC's hands, Your Hands. Will you fight against the Alien race in defending your home planet? Or will you join with them out of Greed and Power Mongering? The choice is yours.

Run by the GM Shinling
EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 am

Benny stands up, his shotgun still held lovingly close. "Hey King thanks for the warning. You crusty bastard, for all we know we are the last human men on this planet. Perhaps we should at least try to stay in a group..." Benny walks forward and speaks once again; "Perhaps we should go west?"
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 am

The morning is still young, and the two have not figured out what the action will be. Then something dawns on both of the men.

Whats the point? Where are we heading? Why?
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:27 am

Benny has had these questions infiltrate his mind before. But yet he has never truly thought of them. His will to survive is fueled by the memories of his brothers. Benny like everyone has his demons but somehow finds a way to keep going...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 am

Crumb's climbs from his sanctuary and approaches Benny. "My dear knight, do not blame your king for your lack of perception, and secondly if we are the last men on earth perhaps we should should make a more determined effort to stay alive instead of bickering. Now if it would make you feel safe you may accompany me upon my journey". He pauses to take a quick look around then adds, "General Napolean is truly a brilliant strategist, but a linguist he is not and I would enjoy a fine conversation once in awhile". That said the vagabond turns to the west, truly having no goal other than living another day...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm

"My King, Here's what I think of your stupid title you crazy asshole." Benny's fist cocking back...

"Wait, Benny..." Benny's eyes go wide. His brother Jimmy's voice echoing through his mind... "What the hell are you doing. Crazy or not, he's a damned survivor. You didn't live just to beat the crap out of nutjobs."

His other brother, Johnny, seeming to chime in as well; "Yeah... What the hell are you thinking man! Cool the hell down." Suddenly they appear at his sides taking his fists in their hands and lowering them down. Just let it go. There's always time for an ass beatin' later bro.

"Fine! I won't kick his ass, but if he pulls that shit again I'll freakin' shoot him." Benny realizes too late that his thought was said aloud...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 am

The king of freshkill feigns to not notice the open threat as he continues his march westward. But within his murky mind races, "No one's foolish enough to assassinate a monarch, are they Napolean? Surely my vassals would have him made into an example, his limbs sent to the four corners of the kingdom. Perhaps I shall watch this dark knight more closely for awhile"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Memories of the History channel come into Benny's mind. The Romanovs, countless English kings and queens, The French Revolution, Archduke Ferdinand, and all manner of assassinated monarchs float across Benny's thoughts as he continues to follow the "King".

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:50 am

The odd pair move West heading down the street. Oddly, this is the same way the King had just been, the school he camped at is just down the street a few blocks.
Something keeps bothering you, the fact you still need to pay your respects to your bothers, they are in the grave yard about a 1/2 mile to the south.
You do remember something coming over the magic fairy containing box, which normal people would call a radio, ...you can evacuate at any major park, the National Guard will be present to maintain order.. then again, maybe the voices were just in your head... not that you know the difference.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

The King and I

Post by MadVlat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:23 am

To many voices, Crumbs thinks to himself as the pair return down familiar terrain. As they pass the school the king raises his scepter and glances at the rubble. "The fare was edible but the company was poor. We shall not visit Lord Blunder again". The vagabond then begins walking forward once again, whistling quietly to himself. "Perhaps we should visit the royal gardens my good knight. I hear they are the rage this season amoungst my nobles"...
If unimpeded Crumbs is going to begin making his way towards a park.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: The King and I

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:44 pm

"Fine, lets go..." Is all Benny can muster after what he has been through today...