Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

After the Alien attack in 2023, many of the world'€™s governments were in ruins. Few of them with the resources to defend against, let alone counter, the first attack made by the superior race.

In February of 2024, a new defense force emerged from the USA to defend the earth as we know it; Alien Terror Control. ATC, being funded by the US Government, receives access to the top of the line weapons, planes, research, and personal.

ATC's mission is to protect the US and stop the Aliens at their roots. Beware, more then just Aliens work against ATC and threats from the inside are worse then the out.

The world'€™s fate is in ATC's hands, Your Hands. Will you fight against the Alien race in defending your home planet? Or will you join with them out of Greed and Power Mongering? The choice is yours.

Run by the GM Shinling
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The King and I

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 am

"Ah, fine then it is settled. Let us be on our way good knight". That said Crumb's begins whistling aloud, the tune foriegn to Benny, but resembling closely the children's song, pop goes the weasel as the notes resound off the surrounding rubble and fill the near empty streets around the pair...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:07 am

Crumbs begins to make his way to the Nearist Large Park, Prospect Park. This will force the pair to walk about 2 miles, west, and provides them a time between the two to spend ... talking? or not.

Then again, it might be worth hearing the man talk compaired to the popping that is made everytime he smakes his hand on the side of his open mouth, following the song of course.

It is still earily in the day as only an hour as pasted sence woken up.
Beep Beep, if you'd like to leave a message, hang up. Beep Beep. If you don't want to talk, please post so. Otherwise, your adventure, while you walk, is up to you two. Focker Out!...
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:40 am

Benny just keeps walking. He won't talk unless spoken to...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 am

Crumbs breaks from whistling and turns to look at Benny over his shoulder. "Don't dally good knight. We would like to see the royal gardens before sundown". Then the wandering monarch returns his gaze forward and picks up the tune where he had left off, Napolean throwing in a strange series of yips every time the vagabond says weasel...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:51 am

Shinling, are we still playing? Benny is quite worn out and exhausted from his day and wont be talking. if you want to fast forward I'm cool with it...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:38 pm

The nearest part is Prospect Park about 2 miles to the east. As you walk, you begin to notice a few army trucks, flatbeds, destroyed. As you pass the trucks, you realize it was a small convoy. You see scorch marks and blood stains about the destroyed vehicles. Suddenly, you realize, there is no sign at all of the bodies. You stop for a moment and decide to pick over the truck'¦ possible weapons, but none are found.

You continue your walk to Prospect Park. As you turn to the north on, Flatbush Ave, and come around the large building that previously blocked your view, you can see more destruction. Almost all of the buildings in this area are destroyed. The metro rail's tracks are warped from an explosion, though the metro car is no where to be seen. You start to realize, the Gardens may not be a fruitful as you were hoping.

More Army trucks and a few hummers are scattered and over turned about the roads and even in buildings. A fight happened, that's for sure, who won you have no doubts, once again, the bodies are missing.
Last edited by Shinling on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:08 am

Upon turning the corner, Crumb's speaks allowed. "Its a damn shame good knight. Not a single spectator to view the royal gardens and no wonder. It seems that the gardener was not good at his trade, pity". The king then takes in his surroundings surveying the landscape from within an addled mind. Suddenly his survey halts and he bends down to pick something up and quickly stuff it in his pants pocket, "OOOH, shiney!!!". He exclaims as his hand disappears from view...
Flavor text. Whatever he found can be anything from a shiney stone to something that is sort of useful. It matters not.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:27 am

You recover a 1 dollor coin. (Gold Coin or Sacagawea Dollor) This one was minted in 2009 and has the 10th President of the US, John Tyler Very Shiney!
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am

Benny's head dissappears into the trucks and a list of words is repeated over and over again; "MRE's, E-tools, Ammo, Meds, Canteens, BPV's, Fatigues, Frags..."
MRE=Meal Ready to Eat, E-tool=Large multi purpose tool(shovel, axe, hammer.) Ammo=9mm and 12 gauge, Meds= Antibiotics, stimulants, Pain killers, Antidepressants. BPV's=Bullet Proof Vests, Frags= Grenades and other explosives. Fatigues=size 36x34(Pants) XL(shirts). Benny is looking for all of these items and anything else that might be useful

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Prospect Park

Post by Shinling » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:25 pm

As Benny begins to pick over the trucks, he start to realize, the normal holding places for things are empty. This does not make much sense, until they get to the park...

The Large Park is littered with trash and tents, Folding tables, chairs, paper, forms and many other random useless amounts of garbage blow about by the wind. The tress and the former green grass, which is slightly overgrown (6 inches), carry scorch marks and small half foot craters.

This area has one major difference, bodies. The bodies of Army and civilian are strewn about randomly. The gear that would have been the in trucks were put to use here. This was one of the extraction points that was announced on the radio. It was set up as soon as the Aliens appeared. From the looks of it, not many were extracted in time'¦ You both decied to pick over the dead, not too far from each other.
You find 6 MREs, 6 Bretta 9mm, 12 clips of ammo, 3 BPVs, 4 Canteens, 10 sets of Fatigues, 4 Frag Grenades, 1 Half used Med-Kit, 3 standered spades (shovel), 3 hammers. Please post what you will be collecting, anything not posted will be left behind.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling