Chapter One: Picking Up The Pieces

After the Alien attack in 2023, many of the world'€™s governments were in ruins. Few of them with the resources to defend against, let alone counter, the first attack made by the superior race.

In February of 2024, a new defense force emerged from the USA to defend the earth as we know it; Alien Terror Control. ATC, being funded by the US Government, receives access to the top of the line weapons, planes, research, and personal.

ATC's mission is to protect the US and stop the Aliens at their roots. Beware, more then just Aliens work against ATC and threats from the inside are worse then the out.

The world'€™s fate is in ATC's hands, Your Hands. Will you fight against the Alien race in defending your home planet? Or will you join with them out of Greed and Power Mongering? The choice is yours.

Run by the GM Shinling
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Prospect Park

Post by MadVlat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 am

Crumb's wanders about picking up odd objects. A charred leaf here a hand grenade there. By the end of it Hello Kitty is swollen in such odd angles it seems as if she was knocked up by a deformed alley cat. Threatening to give birth if the old vagabond wasn't careful. The next time Benny see's the king he is vigorously shaking a frag next to his ear. "Doesn't seem to be broken" he says as he lowers it, "I wonder what this pin does". An almost childlike glee filling his features, "I do like surprises"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 am

Benny looks at the crazy "King" a look of terror in his eyes. "Don't do it that thing will explode you crazy S-O-B!!!" Running forward, Benny snatches at the grenade (in an attempt to keep the king from making a huge mistake) as fast as he can so as to prevent the death of both of them...
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 am

Surprise... that's one way of putting it, The King fights for his treasure, not letting go. Both the men topple to the ground each gripping the grenade. Luckily, Benny does get his hand over the pin to prevent it from being pulled. Benny quickly gets the upper hand due to his hand to hand combat training. The King does put up a good fight, like a child holding tight to their candy.

Soon, Benny is kneeling behind the King pulling up for the grenade while the King sits on the ground facing way from Benny. The Kings arms stretched up as his feet kick, just like a 5 year olds. His grip, somehow still does not loosen.
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:41 am

"Give it back you stinking bully, I found it fair and square!!!!!!". King screams as he suddenly and unexpectedly grabs his staff one handed and swings it back over his head, never relinquishing the frag from his other hand. Crumbs somehow managing to keep a grip on both...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:47 am

Benny has the upper hand and the staff is avoided with ease.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:07 am

All of a sudden the king relaxes his spindly arms and lets go of the object, knowing full well the effort Benny is putting forth. Then, even as Benny teeters on his heels from the quick release, Crumbs emits a chuckle and croaks out, "A king has armies for shows of force, but the secret of being a good ruler is knowing when to just let go".

With a smile on his face the vagabond rolls to his feet and using the staff stands up. He then smiles at the good knight and quips, "If you had only asked I would have shared it. Go ahead and keep that one if you must. I have plenty". Something in the older man's eyes telling Benny that the king may not be as ignorant as he first thought...
I had picked up a total of four grenades, a 9mm with six clips, the partial med pack, a set of fatigues, and all but two of the MRE's. Thus the swollen Hello Kitty.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:10 pm

I don't know what is going on with the monkey boy Shin, but I am interested in continuing with Crumbs...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:24 am

Benny, Happy that he has the grenade, up until he hears the kings words. "Here's a tip, King, you want this thing to work right with out killing you, throw it a far as you can when that pin comes out... you'll get a good show." He tucks the grenade on a clip hanging from his belt and rethinks his statement, "and down throw it at me!"
GAME ON!
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:17 pm

"Yes, yes surely a monarch knows how to handle a toy, good knight". Crumbs babbles out as his eyes scan the nearby terrain of the ruined Prospect park. "Well Napolean perhaps we should consider different surroundings before sunset. The huns are surely to be on the prowl tonight when they find their livestock missing". A sly look coming over the vagabonds face. "It has been sometime since we have been to the castle maybe the queen has reconsidered her denial of spousal priviledge"...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm

Benny grunts the bum, "don't play with it near me..." He turns back to the field that hears the next words and realizes the sound judgment. Benny pulls the final strap tight on his newly acquired vest, "Right, where is the Queen?"

Though the day is still has some time left to it, it is never a bad idea to be safe before night falls.

The King suddenly spots a fluttering paper being carried by the wind. For some odd reason, the King runs after it and scoops it up.
This papers lists evacuation areas and what to take with you and what not to. It also states what to do if you are separated from your family or group. From the looks of it, not much prep time when into anything in the area. One listing stands out to you, Liberty Park and Lincon Park. Lincon is on the other side of the river to the West. Liberty is on this side to the North West.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling