Prelude: A Fallen Hero

After the Alien attack in 2023, many of the world'€™s governments were in ruins. Few of them with the resources to defend against, let alone counter, the first attack made by the superior race.

In February of 2024, a new defense force emerged from the USA to defend the earth as we know it; Alien Terror Control. ATC, being funded by the US Government, receives access to the top of the line weapons, planes, research, and personal.

ATC's mission is to protect the US and stop the Aliens at their roots. Beware, more then just Aliens work against ATC and threats from the inside are worse then the out.

The world'€™s fate is in ATC's hands, Your Hands. Will you fight against the Alien race in defending your home planet? Or will you join with them out of Greed and Power Mongering? The choice is yours.

Run by the GM Shinling
Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Prelude: A Fallen Hero

Post by Shinling » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:06 pm

Prvt. Benjamin Darron, sometimes is almost feels like it was yesterday... more often then you would really like it to, it does. Waking from a cold, drenched, sleep about the night you earnd the two medals from the US Army... Today is no different, waking from the sleepless rest as your arm extends and your tumb pulls the hammer on your 9mm. Half a second later you mind reminds you were you are. Your breathing slows to normal as your thumb slowy lowers the hammer on the weapon back down.

Like many times before, you mind takes you back to what happened, the day that changed everything. You were on your way to see your Brothers grave (in the Holy Corss Cemetery not far from you), with out your families permission, when the Aliens attacked. You took cover where you could and managed to survivle the first hour...

It has been 4 weeks sence the attack and your current home for the past 3 days is a former Locksmiths shop. You try to move to keep hiden, staying in one spot for too long could be bad for you health. You also know that the Aliens have been searching and buildings remaing for life... either to end that life or to take it with them.

Looking over the room, you retreive your pack and find your items in it. Including the food you found left at a 7-11 a block over. Currently, you have 3 bottles of water, 1 empty canteen, your trusty 9mm, 2 cans of tuna, and 1 can of cat food (White Fish and Rice flavor), your shotgun is near by...
Due to your history you have been awarded weapons to start the game
"The Clock of Life is Wound But Once"
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: A Fallen Hero

Post by EvilMonkey » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:06 am

The 43 year old Corporal sits up the barrel of his pistol sitting dangerously close to his forehead. Everyday he has considered it, and everyday something has stopped it from happening. Today is no different, just as his finger begins to squeeze the trigger down a picture falls off of the wall in front of him. Another second later *Crash* "Son of a bitch, not again!" The ex-soldier rises as fast as he can off of the old ragged couch. his joints clicking and cracking as he does.

He runs out to the front door, grabbing his old Mossberg as he does. He looks out only to see another bleak gray day before him. Along with the Irish Wolfhound that has been wandering around outside the door for the last few days. He has considered taking the dog in for a while but it would take food and water that he doesn't have, but somehow today it just seems like a good Idea to have a 150lb wall of meat and fur as a friend.

He unlocks the bolts and dangles the remnants of a squirrel (that he hit with his slingshot just last night) out the door. "*whistle* Come ere' boy, come on get the nice dead squirrel. He hopes that the dog will take the bait and stay with him. It would be nice to have a companion that he could talk to, and would not talk back.
Here is a list of skills that would most likely do well with him: Firearms(High), Fighting(Moderate), Weapons(Moderate), Athletics(High), Scavange(moderate), Survival(Moderate), Intimidation(High), Tactics(High), Craft(High).
And a list of Equipment to go with all this: Shotgun(20 shells), Pistol(45 rounds), Kevlar Helmet(Lined with Tin Foil), Army Fatigues with boots. Slingshot(20 ball bearings), K-Bar, A Ratty duffel Bag with assorted clothing, Magnesium Firestarter, 2 packs of cigarettes, and a zippo lighter, with 2 cans of fluid.
Also I hope you don't mind the Flavor with the dog & I forgot to copy the parts including his rank and age into the PM from the Word Doc.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:27 pm

The squirrel dangles for along time before it is torn from your hand with a slight yapping sound. The dog skitters to the side in the street a good 10 feet way, chewing on the meet... you were right about the food, this thing is half starved from the looks of it.
.. if it wasn't for the tin foil, I wouldn't of let you have that helmet! lol... Ya, Corporals fine. The rest looks good. If your looking for stats in terms of rank, firearms would be High the rest will be moderate.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:56 am

I would think his intimidation would be high also lots of scars and an eternally grumpy look on his face, also he really doesn't care about his life so he is willing to do anything suicidal, crazy, or just plain stupid...
Seeing the dog chewing happily and hungrily on the squirrel brings an odd feeling to Benny's heart. "Could it be joy, I thought I'd never feel happy again after Johnny and Jimmy died. This must be a sign..." He looks to see if the coast is clear and then walks out to the dog shotgun held close but not threateningly so. So as not to scare off the dog. He attempts to put his hand slowly toward the dog watching for any aggresion in it's behavior. "Come on boy lets get you something more substantial to eat then some crappy squirrel meat. I think the previous owner had a dog there might be some food in their for you.
Pure flavor but I hope you will let it go. Also if I could I would like to scavange some dog food(it can be eaten by humans in an emergency)
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:29 am

walking back into the shop it takes quite a few minutes to scrounge up a half used bag of dry dog food (1bl remains) and a water bowl with the name 'Pincher' on it.

When you come back to the door way, the dog is finishing the squirrel off.
everything really depends on the RP, flavor is not a problem as long as it is not too crazy and out there. Request items your looking for in the post like you just did and I will let you know if you find any.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Benny looks at the water bowl with the name pincher and decides to not use that name, ever! "Come ere' boy. Lets get you nice and big again." He whistles to get the dog's attention off the now furry greasemark on the sidewalk. Pouring the food into an old tupperware container he stands in the doorway waiting for the dog to follow him in. "Come on in boy we'll even fix you up with your on tin foil helmet so the Damned aliens can't read your thoughts. The furball that lived here before must of been more of a slipper than a dog. I think I'll name you Patty O'Furniture , buddy. Yeah Patty O'Furniture: The Terror of Flatbush. Whaddya think boy."
(1 lb geez, damn ankle biters) Let's see if we can get him to follow me. *Crosses Fingers*

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:37 pm

lol, yep, 1 lb.. the dog before was only 1/2 lb lol
As you begin to talk to the dog it looks up from the fur and bones that are left. It sniffs the air... smelling the food. It takes a few tentitive steps closer to the door.

You can't help but feel as if your being watched as this happens... you look around tying to to look like your looking but are unable to see anyone.
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:51 am

Benny's shotgun is held close enough so that he can reach it at a moment's notice. A round is in the Chamber but the safety is still on, so as to avoid an accidental discharge. 12 gauge 3" Magnum slug, That could ruin someone's day in a real hurry. He keeps calling to the dog; "Come ere' boy, come on Patty. It ain't much but we'll see if we can't get some more from another place." His face twisting oddly, and forming something that could be interperated as a smile. The scars make sure he never looks truly happy again...

Shinling
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Shinling » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:12 pm

The newly named Patty slowly crawls forward to Benny, sniffing for the bowl in an almost half blind manor... The dog must be half blind; a large scar is now visible over the dog's right eye, stretching from the top of its head to below the jaw.

Patty is hungry and eagerly chews on the food offered. The dog doesn't seem to mind that it is a complete stranger offering it to him.
Patty eats a 1/2 bl of food
-Some Old Guy
-Shinling

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:36 am

Benny walks slowly behind Patty, and slowly closes the door. Making sure not to frighten the dog with quick movements or loud noises. "Your Just like me Patty. Half starved, scarred, but surviving. I think we'll make a good team buddy." Benny puts some water into "Pincher's" dish and puts it down in front of Patty. Hoping that it will cement the dog's friendship...