Future of the game.

This is the OOC forum for the Farscape game.
Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Future of the game.

Post by Wargie » Sat May 20, 2006 1:21 am

At one time or another I believe you will be able to have taken over the ship and the adventure will really begin. So I have decided to ask you my two fellow players a few questions. These questions are ment for me to get an understanding of what you would like to see during the game, quests, side quests and so on.

1. Would you prefer if there is a major plotline throughout the whole game? That is like Maha, to finally destroy Saurama? Or would you prefer different plots?

2. What's your thoughts of side-plots? Remember that in Farscape, they have several small misshaps or accidents throughout the show? Would you for example like to have an encounter where you would have to change course and attempt to get you hands on food, cause your stores are running low?

3. Is there something in particular you would like to see in this game? If so what?

4. What's your thought of combat? Should the combat be brief as the ones we have had so far? Or should there be vast battles with several people on every side?

5. General comments and ideas or tips to the GM.

Yeah, that's about it, this is the first game I am running, so expect some oddities at times and things that might make you a bit surprised cause I may improvise a bit if I see that it fits.

/Wargie

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Future of the game.

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 24, 2006 3:47 am

Sorry, I keep forgetting to actually answer.

1. I would enjoy some over all story arc. It doesn't have to be cataclysmic, but something that drives us forward and keeps us together is good. Even a few mid length plots like this strung together is fine with me too.

2. I'm good with side treks and side plots. Not every moment of the universe has to be dedicated to the main plot. I'm good with any plot that is run well and we have fun on.

3. I would like to see us actually level up at a decent rate, and gather some cool gear along the way. A ship of our own, (which I think we just about have) and perhaps some space battles. I would love a cross over with the actual TV Series Characters.

4. Some combats of both sizes are cool. At higher levels when we aren't going to get butched by 1 or 2 hits, longer fights, or more enemies works for me.

5. Keep up the good work. Nice map and you've made a great feel of the universe I think.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:28 pm

Still hoping to see a post from Trogdor...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:32 pm

Sorry, I'd somehow missed this entire thread. Not sure how I managed that. I must have missed it for a little while, then it stopped showing up as a new thread and it disappeared into the ether.

I'll echo V-man.

1. An uberplot would be nice. It doesn't have to consume our every waking moment. But we do need at least a hint of a reason to keep us together.

2. Side plots are fun. And as you note, it happens all the time in the show. Heck I can't count the number of times our table top group has spent an entire evening dashing off on a subplot while the main storyline just simmers.

3. There's a lot to be said for the coolness of a Leviathan. (Among other things, it gives the wonderful plot point of an instant escape. Right now in our scow, the moment we get chased by a Peacekeepr ship, we're hosed.) I also think that more fun can be had in the Uncharted Territories where things run a bit more fast and loose. I also think leveling at a nice rate would be good - if only to keep us from getting killed by a single blaster shot.

4. Calis is not a combat character, so short and sweet is fine for me. BUt I realize that Luax and Moirena are, so I can understand that an occasional longer fight may be in order.

5. I think you're doing a great job. I actually like the way you made us a small side note in the action taking place in the regular show. And yea, the maps are great.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:10 am

With Wargie's more recent post about being away for a while. This game is going to the Graveyard. It will be raised from the dead once Wargie returns and continues it.

I want to say I was totally enjoying myself in this game, and it really brought back fond memories of Farscape, I started rewatching the show even.

...but then you'll never know the wonders I've seen.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring