Prelude: The Hida Amongst the Kuni

The "War Against the Shadow" is set to begin. The Emperor, Toturi I, is missing and the Scorpion have been convicted and sent into exile. Peace is threatened across the Empire as the Lying Darkness begins to creep into the hearts and souls of men.

Run by the GM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: The Training Yard

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Toku nods, walking with his boken toward the nearby rack, placing it back where it was taken from. "Perhaps it is because I have never been properly trained as a bushi." Toku stands by the rack and waits for Itagi, "If you would like, I would probably retire and have some sake. Perhaps you would wish to join me, if you found it acceptable?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:16 pm

Itagi also returns the boken to the rack and reclaims his real weapons. "Neither have many of the creatures that I hunt, so it is good to see something new in training. I would, of course, be honored to join you."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:30 pm

"Good!" Toku says with a smile, the man seems increasingly in good spirits, and not nearly a dour as most samurai. "What place would you recommend? Good sake and sushi, that would be my wish. We will eat on Imperial koku today, neh?" He begins walking for the exit of the training yard while everyone else seems to start to go about their business.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Itagi acts as local guide as much as possible. He's spent little time here, although it has officially been his residence for some years. There is, however, a Tea house run by Yasuki Geisha and he shows his mothers family preferance as always in matters of commerce and leads the Daimyo there.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:58 pm

The unlikely pair, for many reasons, walk leisurely to the Tea House. Though on the other side of the city, Itagi firmly believes it is worth it. The Monkey Daimyo and the Kuni Witch Hunter make their way through the city and finally come upon the Tea House run by the Yasuki Geisha.

When they enter, the room is lit only by the sunlight the pour in through the windows from the outside. The dim common room is pleasant, if not a little simple, but the geisha that greet the pair is quite attractive and dainty. She bows to the samurai, "-samas," she says, "How may the Yasuki Tea House assist you?"

Toku seems rather distracted and does not answer for the two.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:07 pm

Itagi looks around the room for a moment, and points to the best table, occupied or not. "That table. Tea, Sake and Sushi for the Daimyo." That said,Itagi sets about once again divesting himself of weapons, it being the worst of form to go armed into a tea house.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Yasuki Tea House

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:13 pm

The Daimyo nods in satisfaction to the table Itagi has choosen, which is unoccupied. The geisha bows low to the Daimyo, backpedeling to prepare what is request. "Thank you," he says, to everyone, and no one in particular. Toku simply rearranges his daisho to the right side of his obi, not disarming, and walks over toward the table.

He slowly takes a seat, ackwardly pulling himself into a proper and noble position as he waits for Itagi to do so as well. Toku almost seems anxious in this place, and slightly out of his element. The Daimyo scratches his face as he waits for everything to be served.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: The Yasuki Tea House

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Itagi takes his seat second, saying nothing to ease the former peasants mind or correct him. The tea house has trained Geisha on staff. They will know much better than he how to handle the Monkey Daimyo's introduction to civilized dining.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:21 pm

Toku says as Itagi seats himself, "Itagi-sama, I might ask you something?" He does not wait, instead speaking as he pleases, "I hear you shall be investigating Shiro Hiruma, is that so?"

Any answer Itagi might give is interrupted by two geisha that scurry over to their table, bowing, and placing sake, bowls of rise, cups, and a tray of sushi with chop sticks upon the table. One of the geisha smiles and asks, "-sama, is there anything else?" Toku simply looks upon them idly, allowing the Hida to speak for him at this point.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 pm

Itagi thinks for a moment, then responds again for the Daimyo once more. "Can the house, perhaps spare one of you to accompany us? Koku-sama would no doubt enjoy some plesant conversation after so much time spent with the Emperor's armies."