A start - Storm's Intro

It's kind of like anime but saltier and with a higher alchohol content.

Run by the Storyteller od.
od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

A start - Storm's Intro

Post by od » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:32 am

The sun hasn't yet reached the horizon as the last wagon of the caravan unloads onto the awaiting ship. The Merchant Greebo counts out the coin he promised Storm and then follows his goods on board. Before turning to board the boat he addresses Strom."Don't be the extra arms now that we're on the river headed to Nexus, but if you're still here when I get back in two weeks maybe I'll have work again." His peace said the short, stocky man heads up the gangway after his goods.

The three other guards that helped along the way talk back and forth a bit about work and finally split up to find drinks in town. Two of them are both from the FireWood and head off together, while the other an Air man wanders in a different direction. Storm has been in town before and he knows his best bet of finding work is to hit the market tomorrow or the right bar tonight. The Grey Mare and the Blunt Axe, catering to wagoners and guards respectively are likely the best places for such an opportunity.

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Re: A start - Storm's Intro

Post by Twilightling » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:35 am

Storm decides to go to the Grey Mare, to find some food, a bed and maybe a new job. He has plenty of money, but hates to stand in one place doing nothing.
He is wearing leather armor, not new but very well kept and of exceptional quality. He seemed unarmed, carrying only a long dagger in his belt, but the six horn made handles sticking out from leather holders on his side proof otherwise. in a backpack he is wearing some spare clothes, camping gear, some money and a spare pack of six knifes, identical to the six on him. The pouch with his last salary he puts under his breastplate. checking everything for one last time, he heads toward the bar.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:34 pm

By the time Storm reaches the Grey Mare it is beginning to fill up. There isn't a table in the whole place that doesn't have at least two bodies at it. A smaller one back in the corner seems the least crowded, but at least one of the men sitting at it doesn't look like he enjoys company. Of course most of the men Storm would most likely want to talk to are around the fire, in the good seats. With a little bit more money odds are these gentlemen have the bigger loads, need more guards, and are more willing to pay for the services.

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:52 pm

Storm goes to the bar, pulls out a small pouch and order himself a drink, while waiting for the drink he scans the place for known faces, maybe some cervan master who is aware of his quality as a guard.

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Scanning the faces of the crowd Storm spots a man near the fire that he thinks he recognizes as a fur merchant named Kumai Bear-Hands. Once, a year or two back Storm helped him take a shipment up through the Northland. There were a lot of guards for the expedition and rightly so, there are far, far to many dangers up North for most sane men. But the money was good. No one else in the room seems familiar.
Backgrounds that matter=4- roll = 7,1,8,3
As Storm continues to scan the curious man in the back corner rises and wanders outside.

Twilightling
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Twilightling » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:54 am

Storms looks at the merchant for some time, unsure what exactly to do, and then decides that it is better to ask for some information at the bar before talking to any of the merchants. He slips a small coin toward the barman:
"I hope you could help me, I am looking for a work as a guard to some caravan, knew anyone that is leaving soon?"

od
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by od » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:49 pm

The bartender eyes Storm up and down for a minute as though trying to decide if it's worth his time. "I ain't heard to much. My guess, check with Lorenze over there. He's usually a good man at telling you who's coming and going." Motioning with his chin the bartender indicates a tall lanky fellow in moderate dress sitting at a crowded table in the center of the room. The man seems quite popular with both the others drinking with him and the serving women that keep dropping off ale.
I'm busily beating brennor for the character he says he's making. the pace should pick up once that's set