Chapter 1: The Beginnings of War

The Emperor, Toturi I, has recently been killed. His death has left the Empire leaderless, as Toturi's wife, the Oracle of Void, has also refused to assume the throne of Rokugan. Toturi's four children each clamour for the throne, but disruptions and wars throughout the Empire create a dangerous circumstance for each of the Four Winds that persue their father's rule.

Run by the GM Tet'Nak
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The Temple of Kisada

Post by MadVlat » Tue May 08, 2007 9:09 am

"Brother of Kisada, Please forgive their actions if they have set you at unease. I am sure that this was not their intent. As gunzo I fear that I have been lax in my duties and therefore will take all blame for my men". Shigi bows deeply and with great effort to the monk. Then silently rises turns and slowly makes her way to her cell to gather her things.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue May 08, 2007 8:12 pm

*** Inside - Shigi ***

The monk bows, "It was not you that is to blame," he says, but does not stop Shigi from collecting her things. He slowly follows along the injured samurai, and when they reach the room, something in the monk's attitude changes. "Though, if you led your men here, then you /are/ to blame." The monk rips off his robes violently, exposing an emaciated man, his flesh near the bones. He wears only a loincloth, drawing a tanto from it. He looks more skeleton than man ....
Combat will begin. You may post a response, but do not make any combat actions yet
*** Inside - Korin ***

In the temple, Korin is the last standing. Mirumoto Shigi has left to collect here things, and Korin is making his way toward the exit. Behind him enters a monk, unbenounced to Korin, from a side passage. The man asks of the samurai, "Excuse me, Dragon-sama, make I have a word with you." He waves Korin over ....

*** Outside - Nakahira, Daini, Tatsuya, Yamashi and Gidayu ***

Outside, Nakahira, Daini and Gidayu stand by the gate, looking in the distance of approaching men. Yamashi and Tatsuya have just walked out of the temple and have not noticed the approaching men yet. However, they do spot two monks walking in their direction from one of the other buildings. "Excuse us, -samas, may we be of assistance," they ask ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2007 10:18 pm

Daini see's Yamashi exit the temple and he falls back into Yojimbo mode. He instantly falls in along side of him, to protect him from any threat, espcially if bandits are coming. His hands rest on his two swords, ready to draw the daisho. "There are men comming, but its unclear if they are bandits yet..." he motions at the monks and his charge now down the trail.
Just a note: Will use Combat Reflexes to trade my Initiative one up if combat starts.

Starting in Defensive Stance.

Spend Void to Soak Wounds.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Toptomcat
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Toptomcat » Tue May 08, 2007 10:30 pm

"Yes, actually. We were told that there were bandits approaching the temple, but all I see are a few men at a great distance. How was it determined that they are bandits?"

HeWhoIsnt2
Level 3
Level 3

Post by HeWhoIsnt2 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:45 pm

Can I get a check to sense the motive and compare everything said previously?
"Three things that arn't funny: beatings, stabbings, and mimes. Why is it then that beating and stabbing a mime is so funny?" -Dave Attel

Oda_Nori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oda_Nori » Wed May 09, 2007 5:21 am

Korin's red face looks to the voice, his body stands in a stiff position, ego still feeling the pain from what the monk spoke about the group. "Of course venerable-one, but I think the words should be quick I do not wish to appear defiant against the requests of your brothers and though I am wounded I may be of assistance if the bandits are seeking my brethern outside." He takes slow big steps his large frame rocking from side to side. He looks nervous as if anticipating a verbal chewing from another monk.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Wed May 09, 2007 8:45 pm

"Excuse us, -samas, may we be of assistance," they ask ...
Yamashi is flabbergasted at the behavior of these monks: they ordered him off the premises and now offer him aid anew.

'œNo, you have been very kind and we do not wish to impose on your hospitality further.'

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu May 10, 2007 11:23 pm

*** Synopsis ***

It came to pass that the group captured the bandit caravan. Afterward, koku was delivered to the Dragon armies and helped sustain them. The group them split up, doing their own things.