Pathfinder RPG Rules Questions

This forum is for character discussions. These can include Character Background and Character Build discussions.
paradoxa
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Pathfinder RPG Rules Questions

Post by paradoxa » Wed May 05, 2010 6:11 pm

Ah, thanks Trogdor. Makes sense that way.

It's okay, I'll stay with the action. It seemed to make more sense than just hitting the thing with a sword.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:35 am

This is the best thread for this I guess.

Paizo has released Errata for the Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide. I haven't looked at it yet, but have downloaded it. You can find all their Pathfinder Errata at this link;

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/resources

I've also put the errata up in the Imperial Library.

One nice thing to note, if you bought a PDF version of any of the books, you can redownload the new version free of charge. i.e. If you have the second printing of the Core book, you can just go back and download the 4th Printing for free from your account!

To verify the version you have, check the credits page.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 pm

When purchasing a MW special material weapon (Cold Iron) is the special material cost added/multiplied before adding the Masterwork cost?

Example:
Masterwork Cold Iron Dagger
Dagger: 2 gp
Masterwork: + 300gp
Cold Iron: x2 normal

2 gp (base cost) x 2 (special mat) = 4 + 300 gp (MW) = 304 gp
or
2 gp (base cost) + 300 (MW) = 302gp x 2 (special mat) = 604 gp

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm

I would say since the item can be made a normal nonmasterwork dagger of cold iron that you would use the #1 option. Double the cost of a normal weapon, then add the 300 for masterwork after.

"The masterwork quality adds 300 gp to the cost of a normal weapon (or 6 gp to the cost of a single unit of ammunition). Adding the masterwork quality to a double weapon costs twice the normal increase (+600 gp)."

I take that as the end cost. Or so that's how I would rule it in my games.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 pm

I agree with V on this. The cost in these equations, as I interpret it, is a stand in for how much material is required for the weapon. A dagger, costing only 1 gold, uses a small amount of steel and so a small amount of cold iron. A longsword costs more (15?) and uses correspondingly larger amounts of steel and cold iron.

MW, on the other hand is a measure of the craftsmanship. It shouldn't matter what material it is.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:23 am

This thread seems to come to the same conclusion as Vardaen and Trogdor: Paizo message board thread.

They cite the PRD which gives prices a Cold Iron Longsword, Masterwork at 330gp, which is (base x 2) + 300.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am

I don't remember where the thread is for this so....

I have updated the Pathfinder Excel Sheet to a new version (v2b21)

This sheet fixes issues with stacking bonuses from the OnTheFly sheet, and it fully integrates the Magic Item table on the Equipment Sheet, it also takes into account Finesse Weapons for CMB, and a few minor formatting issues here and there.

I highly suggest you download this sheet, and start using it for all your PF guys. Uploading it new to Google Docs will also make the drop down boxes work now as well.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... v2b21.xlsx

Or if you want I will simply share a copy of it on Gdocs with you that you can set up as a blank.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html