Possible new WoD Game

OOC forum for World of Darkness in general. This information may span various games and settings.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Possible new WoD Game

Post by TetNak » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 pm

The more I play and watch people play, the more I have become interested in WoD.

Last time, I had a decent idea when I ran the WoD games, but, I think I can do better the next time around.

Here are basic ideas I am considering.

#1 It is 5 - 10 years from now ... the world is different. Humans are nearly gone and dead.

A few thoughts about this. Some options, a powerful Vampire and his brood reigned havoc on the world and fed on most humans and many other vampires. Or something man-made occurred, such as nuclear war, etc. This would change some things, especially how most games are very intent on keeping your powers secret, particularly Mage and Vampire. It does bring some very interesting points, especially with Vampires, as they could have a very hard time feeding. Ghouls would become extremely important, and more revered even. I am not sure how this would impact other supernaturals.

#2 Your basic modern day age game.

Ideas? Thoughts? Interest? Advice?

Tet

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Possible new WoD Game

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:52 pm

With the #1 Idea, you could do something like only part of the world is over run, Europe or America. The not overrun place is a haven for humans, and either your characters are the humans trying to get out of the bad area into the good, or vice versa, they are the vampires trying to get to the 'greener pastures' to feed, etc. Just thinking there could be a eden still out there or give some hope to the game, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring