Chapter One: Laying the Foundation - Part One

The '€œGolden Age'€ of comic books ran from 1938 to 1955. It was also the era of the Great Depression, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the atom bomb. Is it really any wonder people were looking for heroes?

Run by the GM Eanwulf
BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Meanwhile'€¦Back at the Lab

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:06 am

Dr. Faustino seems to not be pleased when the interrogation begins and avoids the rest of the conversation until they move on to speak with Dr. Cooper. When presented with the screwdriver he considers the device and looks it over with interest. "It seems they have either copied your devices in the past, or... perhaps we have been successful in the same operations. Now I do not know about the rest of our companions but I for one feel that we are still considerably outside the circle of trust and are not likely to be able to provide you with any more information or help than your organization has been able to do for itself."

Tesseract
Level 2
Level 2

Meanwhile'€¦Back at the Lab - Granite Golem

Post by Tesseract » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:18 am

Granite Golem turns to the others. "Perhaps we should check with Dr. Kreisky over in Weapons Research Lab One."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Meanwhile'€¦Back at the Lab - Granite Golem

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:09 am

"Agreed. A traitor in our midst will spell doom for the forces of light."

Paladin's silence has disguised a careful planning. Having made up his mind, he spurs others to action!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Lab Chat

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Admiral Cale seems to agree with Granite Golem and Paladin about the group checking out Dr. Kreisky's Weapons Research Lab and states that he will send along a backup team in order to check up on the group's progress as soon as one becomes available.

The band of heroes then promptly finds themselves at Weapons Research Lab Number One where they notice that Dr. Kreisky's lab is in a slight state of disrepair. Boxes and papers lie strewn everywhere. The doctor himself seems to be the only one in the laboratory. Apparently, he has dismissed his assistants for the day.

As the band of stalwart heroes enters the lab, they notice that Dr. Kreisky is busy packing away a few notes and several pieces of apparatus. The good doctor appears to be rather nervous and is startled by the heroes' entrance.

'œEhem'¦Ehum'¦Oh my'¦Yes? Yes, what is it that I can do for you good folks? I was just trying to gather up a few of my more personal belongings.'

ignuspyre
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Lab Chat

Post by ignuspyre » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Sorry I got really busy and then got lost with all the posts. Whew!
War Machine was a bit disoriented by the use of Father Time's...well...time. He stayed silent and merely observed well his sensors adjusted. He also knew he should not be allowed to interrogate any of the captured men as his programmed hatred of Nazis would interfere with proceeding with the task logically.

He followed along when directed towards the Weapons Research Lab. He would frown if his metallic face had been built for it. This mystery was making very little sense so far.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Lab Chat

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:50 am

Dr. Faustino also remains away from directly speaking with the scientist. His hatred may not be as ingrained as that of War Machine but he has his own perceptions of the German people and is going to avoid contaminating anything with his bigotry. This and he would prefer to not be brought up on war crimes so early into the conflict. Noticing the disoriented nature of War Machine, Dr. Faustino offers some consideration in providing the correction of perceived time to passed time. "Im afraid even a clock as good as yours will have the same error each time we work in tandem."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Interrogating Dr. Kreisky

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 pm

I will ASSUME that one or all of you will eventually inquire about the sonic-screwdriver. This being said'¦
Dr. Kreisky's face reddens deeper with nervous embarrassment when he is shown and asked about the sonic screwdriver. He quickly snatches up the device and begins to examine it warily. The good doctor then gives a quick cursory glance behind him towards a large glass cabinet that stands behind him. After several moments he comments. 'œYes, it appears that the device is one of my very own, though I have no idea how it managed to fall into the hands of those Nazi scum! They must have somehow managed to steal it after they broke into our facility.'
This doesn't set well with your group. First off, Dr. Kreisky is way too nervous. Next is the fact that Silver Scarab and Granite Golem have found no physical signs of a '˜break-in' along the perimeter wall. And lastly is the fact that Dr. Kreisky appears to be way too nervous. Feel free to take it from here guys.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Interrogating Dr. Kreisky

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Subject: Interrogating Dr. Kreisky
Father Time expressed a desire to utilize his time control power in order to ask Dr. Kreisky something via PM. This is the results of such an action.

From BrokenWire:
Father time will pause time and pull the doctor into his own time effectively giving the two of them as much time as they need for the short conversation. Conversely I could otherwise just extend my speed to him and force it's use to the same effect.

With the other doctor and him free of time Dr Faustino will advance in a nonthreatening way and take a look at a clock on the side of the room. "It appears you have allot on your mind and the others are in a hurry.". He then takes a long deliberate pause before continuing, "On the other hand you and I could spend Forever sitting here either talking, .. Or,.." again a shorter pause, "you could help fill in some of the details of what our detchuslanderfroinden were doing in your lab."
Father Time is the first among his group to act. The professor quickly bends the flow of time around him and shapes it to his will, allowing its effects to include Dr. Kreisky. To those outside of Dr. Faustino's area of effect, the pair's actions suddenly become blurred and flickering as if they were but mere projections upon a screen. Though the rest of the group cannot '˜specifically' discern what occurs next, they quickly realize that the good professor's speech has produced some rather unwanted results.
For Father Time: Dr. Kreisky's face contorts into a reddened visage of tormented fear and anguish as his eyes dart about frantically. He says nothing, replying only with a hurried action.
Dr. Kreisky reaches beneath the table and draws forth a large two-handed ray gun of some sorts and fires upon Father Time.

[Dr. Kreisky's ranged attack roll, DC 13, d20 + 0 = 19, Success!]

Sorry, but the ray gun is considered a non-lethal Blast 8 (Penetrating 4) ENERGY attack, so you can't attempt to Deflect it.

Father Time successfully recovered 1 Bruised level during his previous time searching for sabotage but is still considered to be Injured (-1 Toughness save vs. Lethal attacks).

[Father Time's Toughness save, DC 23, d20 + 1 = 10, Failure by 10 or more, Staggered & Stunned.]

[Knockback Occurs, Value 8 (250 ft.) into the STONE wall, suffering a +5 damage non-lethal attack.]

Sadly, due to being Stunned, you cannot attempt to Deflect this one either.

[Father Time's Toughness save, DC 20, d20 + 1 = 18, Failure, Bruised.]

At least you rolled high!

The stone wall suffers a similar damage attack but is unaffected by it.
On looking spectators witness a frenzied blur of movement, as Dr. Kreisky's form blinks hurriedly towards the table he is currently standing behind. Within scant seconds a loud, high-pitched buzzing sound is heard as a ray of purple energy ripples forth from an odd-looking ray gun now held within the scientist's grasp. Father Time's flickering form is suddenly flung backwards quite forcefully into the stone wall behind him. Upon striking the wall the good professor slumps feebly to the ground, where he then does his best to struggle back up to his feet.
Sorry it didn't produce the results you wanted, but Dr. Kreisky sure is nervous about something!

Father Time is currently: Bruised (-1 Toughness save vs. non-lethal attacks), Injured (-1 Toughness save vs. lethal attacks), Staggered (can perform a standard action OR a move action (NOT BOTH), and Stunned (can't perform actions until just before the beginning of his next round '€" which is luckily coming up!). He can still act however!

This being said'¦please review the map and post accordingly.

FATHER TIME, please note that you can easily spend 2 (out of your 6) Free Actions to remove Dr. Kreisky as the current recipient of your Time Control and to appoint another to it, adding +24 to their current initiative total.
Father Time 33, Paladin 27, War Machine 22, Granite Golem 16, Silver Scarab 14, Fathom 8, Dr. Kreisky 5 (possibly 29, dependant on Father Time's action)

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Edited to gain better clarityas to player's actions.

Dazed and confused by what occured, Dr Faustino reverses his fortune upon the other man and freezes time while ending his benefits to the other man.
I am assuming that you are going to spend 1 free action removing Dr. Kreisky's Time Control-Share and a standard action to attempt a 'selective' Time Stop?

If so the successful results would greatly alter other player's posts, so please clarify for us ASAP!

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 pm

Paladin crosses the space with a speed that seems more appropriate to Dr. Faustino. He is beside the doctor, sword at his throat, before the others can react.

"Drop your weapon, Doctor Kreisky." The hero's voice is low, but hard, like the dragging rumble of a coming Ice Age. "Pull the trigger and I will end your life."
Move ne1 n4 nw2, draw, ready to attack if he does.