Chapter One: Laying the Foundation - Part One

The '€œGolden Age'€ of comic books ran from 1938 to 1955. It was also the era of the Great Depression, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and the atom bomb. Is it really any wonder people were looking for heroes?

Run by the GM Eanwulf
ignuspyre
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Interrogating Dr. Kreisky

Post by ignuspyre » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 am

War Machine run forward seemingly with no concern for his own welfare and looks at them and the now-gun-wielding doctor. "Why are you working with the nazis, Doctor? How could you?? They are evil filth! Drop the weapon now!"

Northwest 1, North 5, right over the table or on top of it if possible.

Tesseract
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Interrogating Dr. Kreisky - Granite Golem

Post by Tesseract » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Granite Golem rushes forward ready to shove the desk into the bad doctor and then into the wall but then she sees her allies next to him and decides to stop short in front of the desk.
North 3, Northeast 1.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

A Moment Frozen In Time

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Battered and bruised, Father Time soon regains his footing, though it is somewhat shakier than before. The good professor then breathes a sigh of heavy disappointment as he raises a single open palm towards the rampant Dr. Kreisky. Within seconds, the scientist's form stops blinking and flickering as it resumes synch with the flow of normal time. The scientist's form then suddenly becomes stationary as it is frozen in place.
Father Time uses his Time Stop ability, selecting Dr. Kreisky as his only target of influence.

[Dr. Kreisky's Reflex save, DC 16, d20 + 1 = 6, Failure.]
'œThere, it is done,' are the only words Father Time utters as his companions quickly surround the time-frozen scientist.

Paladin is the first to act, and the German ex-patriot quickly dashes forth in a blinding burst of speed. The hero skillfully maneuvers himself behind Dr. Kreisky and stops suddenly to stare in bewildered awe at the scientist's current condition. After several moments, the hero finally comments. 'œI know not if you can hear me Dr. Kreisky, but your actions are far from tolerable. It is in everyone's best interest if we now restrain you.'

It is the metallic clanking sounds of War Machine's hulking robotic form that is next heard as the machine-hero clambers itself forth. The mechanical soldier then pauses itself and quickly reaches over the lab table, seizing the ray gun from its wielder's hands. 'œI am sorry Doctor, but I will NOT allow any more people to be harmed by this device.'

The final teammate to act is Granite Golem. The hulking behemoth's body still emanates eerie chiming and chitterling sounds from its rocky form as it steps forwards. The giant figure shambles forth and also stops just short of the table's edge, where it reaches over the table and clutches Dr. Kreisky's unmoving form in its massive hands. The hero then states in a gravely voice, 'œI believe that I have things well in hand Dr. Faustino. You can release him any time.'
I figure that I couldn't let your previous actions go unused, so I altered them as best I could to suit the current situation. Luckily Father Time's special power worked! Feel free to post from here on.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: A Moment Frozen In Time

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Dr. Faustino is best described as 'out of sorts.' His face shows a tired sadness as he looks on at the other man who so recently shot him. He seems to be thinking long and hard as he watches the man's unmoving form, and almost dosent respond at all to the words of others around him. When he does he pulls himself back from his thoughts and looks over to the Golem, "ohh, right." and as easy as that the man resumes existing in normal time. Dr. Faustino then moves to take a seat on one of the lab stools and keeps away from the ensuing conversation.

Tesseract
Level 2
Level 2

Re: A Moment Frozen In Time - Granite Golem

Post by Tesseract » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Once Dr. Kreisky has returned to normal time, the behemoth lifts him up to her eye level. "Now doctor! As I see it you have five choices. One start talking, two I rip your left arm off, three I rip your right arm off, four I rip your left leg off or five I rip your right leg off. I would personally pick number one."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: A Moment Frozen In Time - Granite Golem

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:27 pm

Dr. Kreisky's eyes widened in panicked bewilderment as his senses suddenly resume to normal. Not only has the scientist been disarmed of his weapon, but it would appear that he is about to be '˜literally' disarmed as well! Granite Golem's intimidation proves to be too much for the frightened scientist to handle and it isn't long before his eyes roll back into his head as his body falls limp, hanging all but lifelessly in Gigi's massive hands.
Nope he's not dead, just fainted from the shock of it all. Game On!

Tesseract
Level 2
Level 2

Interrogation - Granite Golem

Post by Tesseract » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:57 pm

Granite Golem puts the man down gently on the desk and steps back. "Whoops! Maybe I should let one of you guys handle the interrogation from now on. I'll just stand by the door." The rock creature strides back over to the door and looks expectantly at the others.

BrokenWire2086
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Interrogation - Granite Golem

Post by BrokenWire2086 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:48 am

The good doctor offers, "I tried talking to him first. But he seemed to be in a different mind. Perhaps its best that you scared him into unconsciousness."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:19 pm

"I had sensed a darkness within him. Are his thoughts not his own, Doctor?" Keeping the blade leveled at the scientist, Paladin looks deep into him, almost trying to divine his motives from a glance.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Granite Golem stands all but motionless, its towering form still clutching Dr. Kreisky's flaccid body within its massive hands. As several of the heroes attend to Father Time's injuries as best they can, others of the group begin to examine their surroundings.
Thanks to some rather high rolls as well as quite a few Natural 20's, most of the party successfully manages to notice a thing or two after subduing Dr. Kreisky.
From his current vantage point, War Machine notices that the large glass cabinet that rests behind Dr. Kreisky seems to contain several odd-looking devices, all of which are not unlike the one that the group has just tried to inquire about. The mechanical whirring and whizzing sounds of War Machine's head moving back and forth is heard as the robot-hero soon discovers that there is one blank spot left within the cabinet that is identical in size to the sonic-screwdriver itself! The glass cabinet itself appears to be fitted with a combination lock that is currently fastened quite securely.

Whilst aiding his companions, it is Fathom whom makes the next discovery. While helping his fellow teammate (Father Time) to sit down in the chair located behind Dr. Kreisky's lab table, the young marine can not help but notice a large, unmarked folder resting atop the tabletop adjacent to a box of personal effects; its contents scattered somewhat from the previous scuffle. Though the hero is overall clueless as to the document's contents, the words 'œTransporlateral Locomotion' seem to be mentioned numerous times upon the papers.

As the group ponders their newfound revelations, the distant sounds of bulkhead doors can be heard as if someone was approaching.
Take it from here guys! One would hope that the sounds you hear are from Admiral Cale's contingent of guards he previously mentioned sending when the time arose!