Chapter 4: Beacon of Stone

The year is now 1887 in Braxton Falls (Modern day Alpena Michigan). The Countessa Isabella De La Vega has run the town and its evirons with an iron fist for the last 50 years. The primogen of the town despise the despotic rule of their Spanish born liege but realize that even with all their resources combined they would be hard pressed to stage a successful coup.

As told by the Storyteller MadVlat
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Chapter 4: Beacon of Stone

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 09, 2008 5:05 pm

At the explosion of wood and blood, Gerrard, slipping his hand into his jacket simply says, "Well... being right all the time IS a burden."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 am

still going to be slow. I posted that in the character section. I will let you all know when i'm back up to normal speed with posting. skip me if necessary
Calliopea sees the werewolf threat and begins to close the distance between herself and the door. Speed should come in handy here... she thinks as she moves forward, but not as quickly as she could.

She begins chanting and concentrating on what the outside area of the doors looks like. She must be very precise on this in order to spare Jonathon a lot of hurt.
Spell time! Path of thorns- on the ground outside the doors to get the werewolf mostly.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue May 13, 2008 3:45 am

Tom didn't survive long enough to make Ghoul by dashing head-first into combat. He looks around for something sharp - barring that, the arm of the pew will serve just fine. With that in his off-hand and the cufflinks between his fingers, he waits for whatever makes it far enough to get knocked around.

Witching's all well and good, Tommy, but the Master didn't take you for your cunning.
Holding for now, seeing where an attack would do the most good.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue May 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Initiatives: Johnathan(15),Werewolf(14.5),Callie(14.4),Tommy(13),Gerard(12.7),Andrea(12.6)Otis(6)
Callie in the heat of the moment rises from the pew and runs towards the back of the church where the unbound Johnathan now hangs suspended two feet off the ground. She realizes quickly however that she was not created by her sire for combat. As she tries to use her disciplines having forgotten that she had not seeded the ground with her blood...
The level two ritual, "Path of Thorns" requires that the ground be seeded with the users blood before another creature crosses the area to be effected. As this is your first combat online. If you wish to ammend your actions. I will allow you to change your action this time.
Otis stares in amazement as the ghoul of Sampson stands in response to the attack. Not because the man doesn't seem to cower like most mortals in the face of the unknown, but because his first reaction is to kick violently at the end of the pew. Sending several large chunks of wood to the floor with a resounding *CRACK*. Tommy bends down and pulls a club sized section of wood from the wreckage and advances towards the now struggling Mr. Weatherby.
Action: Strength(3)+Brawl(3)-Hardness of pew(3)= 3 die pool. Two successes. Tommy now armed with makeshift club and 20' from the doors.
Gerard, his hand shuffling in his waist coat...
Last edited by MadVlat on Mon May 19, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:39 pm

The lanky, dark man reaches into his jacket nd pulls for an engraved pistol. Finely made and well balanced. "I knew this would come in handy..." He takes a few steps forward and levels the gun at teh door, where the arms and ghoul are. "For the love of all that's unholy, man! Will you get out of the way...." Gerrard waits, holding his action to fire until his shot is clear...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Connie_the_Fire_Element
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Connie_the_Fire_Element » Sat May 17, 2008 12:36 am

*** Amending Actions per GM***

Calliopea pulls the small pistol from her bag. She moves closer to the door to improve her accuracy- as she is a decent shot but only from about 30 ft. I must learn to shoot at greater distances... she thinks as she does not really wish to be any closer to the werewolf than she needs to be.
We will find this f-ing troll, and kill it's f-ing ass.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon May 19, 2008 1:35 am

Initiatives: Johnathan(15),Werewolf(14.5),Callie(14.4),Tommy(13),Gerard(12.7),Andrea(12.6)Otis(6)
Callie draws out a small hold out derringer from her drawstring purse. She nows that the weapon only has two shots and are of a small caliber.So takes time to make her shots count. Beginning to aim at the arms keeping Weatherby pinned to the chuches heavy doors. Johnathan watches while he struggles to free himself. "Shoot witch!", he suddenly screams out.

Tommy is on the move the pews leg in his hand. He blocks Gerard for the briefest of seconds. While trying to find an opportunity to strike out at the beast.

Gerard now stands ready. A beautifully ornate .44 five shot revolver in his hand. He pulls the hammer back with a stiff *click*. "Will you get out of the way...", he hollars at Sampson's man. He almost savors the chaos of battle and is waiting to pull the trigger. Just to see where the shot will take the madness.

Andrea kneeling before the bishop...
Callie- Standing 41' from the doors. Armed with a two shot derringer.

Johnathan- Pinned to the doors of the church. Struggling to get free. His massive shotgun on the floor at his suspended feet.

Werewolf- Fully enraged and unhappy. Playing the part of a heavy oaken door with arms. :wink:

Gerard- Standing 40' from the doors. His heavy .44 sighting in on the beast.

Andrea- Kneeling 50' from the front doors. Facing Otis. Currently unarmed.

Otis- Standing behind the pulpit looking down at Andrea. 50' from the front doors, a bible of longuis in his hands.

Tommy- 5' from the front door and looking mean. Armed with a piece of churh pew in his hand.

This is difficult without a map to show your positions folks. Please be patient while I work us through this.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Andrea stands from his positon, angry that these beasts have violated a house of God. "A church is sanctuary!" he yells at the beasts, and moves towards the broken pew, to pick a piece of wood for himself, sorry as he is for using a pew as a weapon. "I wish I had brought my rifle," he says to himself in English.
Stand up and if possible, move to the pew and pick up a large peice of wood.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 21, 2008 4:53 pm

"The Lord Protect us and keep us safe from this attack! Grant your loyal kindred the tools with which to fight these beasts." Otis takes up a crucifix off the alter and slices open his forearm. Blood begins to flow from the wound, rolling out under the force of gravity, his still heart not pumping. As the blood flows from his wound he raises the cross into the air and recites some ancient Aramaic speach, a prayer from the time of Longuist. As he prays the flowing blood congeals mid stream and never reaches the floor it begins to form into long scourge, a two lash whip. Taking up the scourge in his blood covered hand Otis steps from behind the pulpet, "Beasts of the Devil! You have chosen the wrong sactuary to attack!" He cracks the whip made of pure blood and steps forward moving toward the fight at the front of *HIS* church.
Thebean Sorcerery: Blood Scourge pg 146

-1 Vitae
2 Lash Scourge - 7 Dice Pool

Move 5 Yards (15 Feet)

"Your characters Speed trait indicates how many yards
he can travel in a single turn by walking or jogging. He
can travel that many yards and still perform an action, all
in the same turn. He can move and perform an action, or
perform an action and then move. He cannot, however,
move, perform an action and then move again all in the
same turn."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat May 31, 2008 12:03 pm

Some bad news folks. With the current time constraints that I have been suffering lately I have decided to cull my load for now here at Brennor's. Playing character's in others games and creating quality posts while doing so. Has unfortunately caused my own games to suffer terribly. Therefore until further notice I will be moth balling the "Black Files" and "Vampire a Love Betrayed" until further notice. When I have more time to post correctly to these games I will notify all the players involved and they will have the option to rejoin if they wish. I thank you for your understanding.

Signed,
Mad Vlat