The One Ring

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Pappy Van Winkle
Level 0
Level 0

The One Ring

Post by Pappy Van Winkle » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:30 pm

I tried to post earlier but for some reason it didn't work.

So I'm new around these parts and am looking to join a game of The One Ring. I'm looking for something that has a good mix of social, travel, and some combat encounters in service to the greater story to be told. I'm not at all interested in games where political intrigue is the most important aspect of the adventure/campaign (I'm looking at you, Oaths of The Riddermark). With that said, I'm totally fine with adventuring in any and all of the regions and locales. After all, it's the journey just as much as the destination that makes life interesting!

A bit about me: I have followed the TOR product line from the beginning and have had all of the rpg-related products in hardcopy and pdf form. Sadly I no longer have any of the hardcopy products or dice sets (long story), but I do have the pdf versions of the rpg products. I have actually found the pdf versions to be much quicker to use due to the ability to search for specific terms. While I do have all the adventure books, I have never read any of the adventures that I have not already gone through. So far the only published adventure I've been through is the Marsh Bell adventure in the core rule book. The other adventures I have been through or run were homebrew drawing on the "gazeteer"-style sourcebooks or on the Wild Adventures source material produced by James R Brown and others.

OK, that's about it. Feel free to ping me if you're running a TOR game and would be interested in taking me on as a player.

Thanks,

PVW

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The One Ring

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:31 pm

There are three different The One Rings currently running on this site. I'd suggest checking them out and PM the GM about joining if they look interesting to you. The two being run by Vardaen are moving rather slowly now and I imagine that will be the case until the pandemic ends and life resumes some semblance of normality. But Vardean is a great GM and his games are well worth playing in.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

The One Ring

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 pm

I was wondering if any of the TOR games are still active, or if not, likely to be rebooted at all?

I've not got TOR but I would be interested in playing/learning the game if possible.