How to Use this Forum

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

How to Use this Forum

Post by Brennor » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 am

This new SubForum has been made to collect all the various game and character openings on the site.

People should post to this forum in they are looking for interest in starting various new games.

People should post to this forum if they have open slots for new players in pre-existing games.

People should post to this forum if they have characters they would like taken over due to a players leaving or cutting back on games.

Any and all recruitment for games that are starting, might be starting, or are already started should be posted here.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

How to make a successful game recruitment thread

Post by Bitom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 pm

I've had a look around this forum, and I think I've identified a few trends that make an interest post more likely to garner players.

Include the name of a game system in your subject.
There are a lot of posts out there with subjects like "Looking for players" and "Wanna play?" These don't pull the kind of attention that things like "New Forgotten Realms game" do.

If you're not sure what you want to run, make a poll, including all the things you're WILLING to run
I've seen several "What should I run" threads degenerate into people talking about a type of game that the perspective GM has no interest in. that's not helping anyone.

Once you've finished your poll and know what kind of game you should run, open a new interest thread.
I don't think anyone's ever done this, but it seems like the natural extension of the first piece of advice. Instead of continuing the conversation about the game you've decided to run in your poll, start a new thread, with a subject which will draw people who didn't participate in your poll.

Anyone have other ideas?