Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy - Player Wanted

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Image It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
Dark Heresy's abound, the Inquisition is beset by heretics, xeno, and war. The Emperor needs you! We need you! I'm looking for one player to join the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy game. This is a rather high level game at this point. Join us as an Acolyte of the Inquisition to hold back the darkness that is the 41 Millennium.

Game Forum:
http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewforum.php?f=348
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Hey all, this game still has room for one more player. The group is in need of a Long Range type, or Gun Bunny sort, someone with some pzazz and personality, a sneaky skill set or anything but a Psyker. If interested send me a PM.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Hello loyal subjects of the Imperium!

I have 2 openings in my Dark Heresy game now. DH is a game of Inquisitors investigating the evil of the world of men and trying to put things right by defeating Chaos and Xeno where they arise. I currently have 1 character available for take over, "Sword" a combat focused pysker who wears power armor and is the melee tank of the group. He lacks much of the investigation and social skills of the rest of the group but can lay the smack down with his holy sword or pysker powers better than anyone.

The other spot is just an open spot if someone wanted to make a new Acolyte and join. Some options right now would be a local Arbite who the team is working with. They could use some longer range gun focused type for combat, but with good 'cop' skills to boot.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:32 pm

“A miserable world locked in thousand-year-old patterns that no longer have any meaning. Once, the spare resources of the planet made the noble and serf dichotomy make sense, before the coming of the Imperium. Now it only serves to keep the people in a cycle of meaningless drudgery and cruel bondage. What is more, it is unsustainable. The day will soon come when the vast resources of Sepheris finally run out. What then will the nobles do, having on their hands an entire populace of uneducated serfs who know only how to quarry? I suppose the ranks of the Imperial Guard will swell that year, eh?” - Baron Ulbrixes talking about Sepheris Secundus

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:02 pm

'Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. But those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live.'

-In Exterminatus Extremis

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

Litany of Devotion, Accursed Eternity (Novella) - Architect of Fate (Anthology)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Someone should join this game. We have an opening, especially if someone wanted to play an Arbite gun bunny. It's a medium power game, so you'd get to jump right into the fun. Come on in, the water's fine!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:50 pm

If you like I could even make you a character to play to help ease into the system at this high of a level. The group is sporting around 6500 XP

LegitimatePancake
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Space Marine

Post by LegitimatePancake » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:32 am

I'm definitely interested. I have a large amount of experience with Warhammer 40k and the 40k rpgs, though I don't have any experience with pbp. Can you give me a brief overview of what the party has done and what they're currently doing? What sort of characters are being played? The classes I'd be most interested in playing are an adept or an assassin, but I'm willing to play mostly any class if those are taken.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 am

Great. I can get you some info tomorrow. The best fit would be an Arbite but an Assassin could work too perhaps. Depending on the story
I will send you info later. Check the forum out for Dark Hersey