Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy - Player Wanted

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Sukrai
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sukrai » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:58 am

Is this game still open?
I'm not suffering from insanity, I happen to like it!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:49 am

I just added 2 new players and am at 5 now.

Let me think on if i can swing 6 for a bit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Hey all,

Out of the Warp after several months, returns the Dark Heresy Game. If you are interested in joining some Acolytes in seeking out Heresy let me know. I'm willing to take 1 (maybe 2) players. This is a high level game looking for a few team players to join the group. This is Dark Heresy 1st Edition.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Just curious if you've considered 2e? I'm about to run a 2e game and I think the system is a bit more streamlined and flexible..
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Nope. Sticking with 1st. I have ALL of the 1st edition books, characters are 1st edition built and the game is a 1st edition game.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:37 pm

So the game will kick back off this week, if anyone is interested in a Rank 6 Acolyte of the Inquisition, now's the time.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 am

A great game! I can really recommend joining!

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 pm

I've never played Warhammer before, and I'd love to give it a try. I have two characters I've leveled up to Rank 6 via a handy chart in the link below. I just have some questions about both before I pick one.

Careers: one is a noble-born Assassin marksman who opened doors and shot people via schmoozing and sneaking around, but can't really schmooze anymore (explained in Question 2), and now focuses purely on her talents for murder. The other is a disgraced Sister of Battle marksman raised in the Schola Progenium, also focuses on shooting things with Emperor's Sign faith talents (going for Divine Symbol and maybe Seal of Purity if I get lucky). Both have enemies, in-lore opposition for the Sister, and Vendetta for the noble. Neither of them are very tech-savvy or knowledgeable, which I'd leave to the priest and the adept.
Question 1a: Obvious first question, how do you guys feel about Adepta Sororitas in general, and the Battle Sisters in the Blood of Martyrs expansion? I'm aware they're overpowered in terms of equipment so I dialed it down to a boltgun for weaponry (it's all she's got in terms of fighting skills), and the carapace chest plate and mesh cowl from the Adepta Sororitas career path found in the Inquisitor's Handbook (still slightly overpowered, in its own words).

1b: She's taking Denounced and Disgraced, found in the Radical's Handbook, which should set back her xp a few shy of Rank 6, depending on how you're treating background advances. This also provides a good in-lore reason for why her Blood of Martyrs equipment is stripped from her. She still has some charms and a book that were given to her, and I would completely understand if you'd ask me to dump those as part of their accusing her of being a witch and taking her stuff. I've replaced her vestments (and the shield robe) with an "inquisition acolyte's uniform", but I'm open to ideas on what she could wear. She's currently not recognized as a Sister and no one *should* know by looking at her, but she wants to be recognized as a Sister again.

2: I understand fully that some restrictive and possibly troublesome roleplay may be required, so I am open to discussing how to fit her into the group dynamic; what sort of behavior to expect from the group and how tolerant my character can be, if you believe it's possible. Not entirely sure how she and the psyker would get along, but she sees being recruited by the Inquisitor as a pass of validation.
Here's the deal with the assassin: she's been exorcized. That means I took the Exorcized advance, but I didn't take the Daemon Vessel Elite Package. I looked at the Exorcized requirements and noted that the character needed to be possessed. Before I noticed the Rank 6 awesomeness caveat in this thread, I decided to try and get away with interpreting that to mean that she'd qualify if she was possessed as part of her backstory, instead of having to become possessed later after joining the game, and went with the "burn all Fate Points" option to get past the xp requirements. If you would require that I purchase the Daemon Vessel package to qualify for the Exorcized background, I can make that happen.
And of course, lastly, I hope it's not too late to join! Maybe I can jump in after the current mission is over? I'm definitely considering picking up a rebreather for both of them, given what the party is currently facing.

XP chart I used. Bottom of the post, the "DH" column (Ascension scale).
https://rpggeek.com/thread/944923/compa ... wer-levels

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:50 pm

XP was all I accounted for with regard to progression, I am not sure if you wanted to give me extra money to buy better stuff with (I noticed the psyker has what must be light power armor, holy crap).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Hey! We can certainly look into having you join! I'll share a char sheet with you,and we can go through some of the options you have.