World of Darkness anyone?

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: World of Darkness anyone?

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:45 am

So I think I'm down to 2 Players (Hermit & Hayabusa). We finished the Intro Stories, and are ready to begin our full party adventures. Would anyone like to get in on the action? It's a perfect time to join in with a new member.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:03 am

I'd give Trogdor a few days, send him a PM, etc.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 am

Still wouldn't hurt to keep eyes peeled for any potential prospects. It'd be a shame to see this end before it really got off the ground as it were.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:29 pm

I actually just finished reading through Mage: The Ascension 20A and would be interested in joining in, probably as a Virtual Adept, though a lot of the options look appealing.

Just be warned, I haven't played any World of Darkness since the 1st edition of Vampire: The Masquerade when in came out in the mid-1990s.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hermit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:02 pm

No worries @Muskrat. If it's any comfort, I've never really truly played World of Darkness up until now. Well I mean there were a couple attempts several years ago, but sadly nothing came of it. I'm really hoping this chronicle stays in motion. I'm also hoping that in the future we might branch out to other iterations, like Hunter, Changeling, Kindred of the East or Geist.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:07 pm

I'd be interested in Changeling: The Dreaming as well.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:47 pm

I ran a fairly successful Hunter: The Vigil game, I'd say. :)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hermit » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Muskrat wrote:I'd be interested in Changeling: The Dreaming as well.
I was actually thinking of The Lost when I brought up Changeling, heh.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 pm

(Looks like Trogdor is back! He was having some personal issues, and PM-ed me. :D )

@Muskrat - you are more than welcome to join! Most of the players are either completely new to the setting/system, or much like yourself haven't been involved since earlier Editions. If you're interested, make up a character idea and we can get things rolling. If you need any help with Character Creation, let me know. Use the M20 rulebook for the standard characteristics/skills/magic. As for Merits/Flaws, I'm opening up ALL the old books. If there's an old Merit/Flaw you're interested in, just pass it by me. I'll only Veto ones that would be a waste for you to invest in (like Poison Resistance).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:01 am

Cool. I should have time to put something together over Thanksgiving Break. (It's not worth the trouble of flying home just for a day, so I'm out here on my ownsome lonesome. But I'll see my family over winter break.)

Any advice on the general tone, etc. of the campaign? I want to make sure my character fits with the campaign, even if they're personally a misfit :D