ASOIF: Kings of the Rivers and Hills

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:21 am

Kings of the Rivers and Hills
A Game of Thrones Balance of Power Game

The many kingdoms Westeros are in chaos. For thousands of years, since the days of the likes of Brandon the Builder, Lann the Clever and Durran Godsgrief the First Men have ruled over the continent of Westeros. The Kings of Winter, of the Rivers and Hills as well as many others reigning from the Arbor in the south to the Wall in the North. Their reigns were varied, but long lasting, with illustrious Houses like Stark, Mudd, Gardener, Lannister and Durrandon counting their lineage to ages of myth and legend. Who ever knew that so much could be brought down by so small a thing as a Seven Pointed Star?

In the past centuries, a blink in the eye in comparison to the millenia long rule of the First Men, a people calling themselves the Andals have conquered much of Westeros... having completely subdued the Mountain and the Vale where the native kings have been forced to hide in the hills, trembling at the sight of Andal Knights. In places such as the Kingdom of the Rock, the Reach and Stormlands the native dynasties have been forced to marry into Andal families, in many cases the Andal born children supplanting their parents when they came of age. Still, there still stands a single icon of hope for First Men in the South. The mightiest King and House of them all.

House Mudd of the Oldstones has rallied most of the Trident and many exiled houses besides, and are making a stand. For the past decade King Tristifer IV has fought a hundred battles, losing not a one. Despite his victories however he has been forced back by a renewed assault of the combined Andal forces and now stands at the shadow of his own home, hammer in hand to ward off a mighty host of twenty thousand Andals approaching it.

Into this maelstrom of blood and death you are thrown. Whatever an Andal eager to claim your share of the glory and lands available or a First Man desperately defending your lands and claims to your ancestors, it is a battle that none can avoid.

Which side do you stand on?

---

Hello my dearest Fellowship! This is my new game idea and one I've been most intrigued by for a long while to run. The premise is simple... players will all create a House from the Riverlands and partake in the bloody wars raging between the Andals and First Men, guiding their house and dynasty through a perilous time that might mean their doom.

As a player you will be called upon to choose either to stand with the First Men, supporters of House Mudd, with lands north of the Red Fork, or as an Andal whom has either yet to gain lands, or then holding them somewhere near the Vale, or south of the Red Fork. Though each player commands a house of their own, they are allowed a number of 'primary' characters; members of their house to play with. This number would be equal to the tens digit of their Houses Influence. As such a house with 30 Status could have 3 Primary characters for the player to play around with.

So tell me... would you guys be interested in such a game?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Yes. I'm just hoping ASOIAF isn't saturated right now.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:07 pm

This'll likely take me a while to organize, so the market should have a chance to catch its breath before I spring this on them. Just gauging the amount of interest it would have.

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Andals! Andals! Andals!
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:18 pm

Well someone is excited at least. :D

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:36 pm

I've been spending the morning with kid 1 thinking of names for kid 2. In a good mood. :)
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:47 pm

How 'bout Olli? It's a nice, strong name and if it turns out to be a girl it could be Ollivia!

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:00 pm

I need the initials to spell something. Mine spell MAD, my brother DED, my dad JED, my son IED.

I can't convince the wife to go Walter M. Daly... yet.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:04 pm

I tried to convince my wife to name my son the same name as my dog. Didn't work.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Still working on finding the wife. So much easier in the day and age when you simply was told whom to marry based on the fancies of alliance-building of fathers :P

Always interested, not too keen on running multiple PC's, so in my case it's likely going to end up with a main character and X amount of "sidekicks".