ASOIF: Kings of the Rivers and Hills

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Re: ASOIF: Kings of the Rivers and Hills

Post by WalterPeck » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:10 am

Zorbeltuss wrote:Still working on finding the wife. So much easier in the day and age when you simply was told whom to marry based on the fancies of alliance-building of fathers :P
Funny you say that. Since I got into PbP and ASOIAF I judge my friends' daughters by the way in which it'll strengthen my house.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:19 am

GRRM....shaping our world in his image :D

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:52 am

I hope not. I don't want to look like a fat, dwarven sailor.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 am

On the multiple PC's issue:
I don't aim for it to be a 'playing with myself' sort of scenario, but rather each player can create the Lord, heir and whoever they want to play around with in multiple scenarios. Maybe the Lord is meting out judgement during one turn, whereas the knightly heir is in the same area as multiple players in a tourney so we can play out a tourney?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm going to create a thoroughly nasty and despicable lord/king with a band of evil henchmen.

Yay!

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:08 am

So, to whet your appetites here's a preliminary map of the Riverlands of the period.

Direct link to OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlTlfsA9A3i4hhnUkAXKnIEV8oj0

Let me know your thoughts!

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Based on this map House Mooton has yet to be defeated by The Vyprens? Guessing no real inroads into the Riverlands has been attempted by the Andals?
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Mootons still hold Maidenpool and surroundings and are ruled by Florian the Brave. It might be a bit anachronistic, but I figured since historical records of the period are pretty scarce I could handwave their 'earlier' defeat away and have them still be around for this period.

And currently there's only two established Andal houses on the map: Vance and Bracken. Most Andals are still scattered bands and armies seeking to make the area theirs. The Kingdoms of Rock, Mountain and Vale and Stormlands have fallen though, so not looking good for the Riverlanders...

Though, didn't Vyprens beat up the Darry's?

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm

That is was the Mootons, could be Darry. Was trying to recall info while on the crapper.

With that said how would you feel about an Andal host starting landless, looking to eatablish a kingdom. I am thinking similar in manner to CK2. Hero gathers host to go do x.

Also thinking of having a domain at the convergence of the rivers to form the Trident.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Yeah, starting out landless and taking over land later is perfectly doable. Wondering if the Sellsword company rules that Tetnak created could be used for warband... hmm...