Adventures in Middle Earth ? ( CLOSED)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Adventures in Middle Earth ?

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:55 am

Olligarchy wrote:Starting to work on my concept now... what year would this story take place? Right after retaking of the Lonely Mountain?
The base starting year for AiME is 2946 - five years after the Battle of the Five Armies.

Dale and Lake-Town have been rebuilt and Erebor has been reclaimed by the dwarves.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 am

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:
Olligarchy wrote:Starting to work on my concept now... what year would this story take place? Right after retaking of the Lonely Mountain?
The base starting year for AiME is 2946 - five years after the Battle of the Five Armies.

Dale and Lake-Town have been rebuilt and Erebor has been reclaimed by the dwarves.
Thanks. Should have something for you by tomorrow at latest. Finished the crunch just now and will work on story and fluff.

Would tying the character into one of Thorin's company as a relative be too much, or just right for the kind of story you're looking for?
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:06 am

That would be perfectly fine.. It might work to the advantage of the larger campaign I'm working on.

Also, please take no offence when I say the following:

Please (everyone) take into account that as 1st Level Player-Heroes, nobody will have accomplished any major feats, slain hundreds of orc, taken on trolls single handed etc... You will have probably been inspired by tales of these events, had family involved in the Battle of the Five Armies, had some small part to play in rebuilding Dale or Esgaroth perhaps but not actually done any real adventuring yet.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Except my guy, I'm Gandalf and Galadriel's love child, who helped the Valar chain Morgoth and cast him out into the void. Just saying.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Vardaen wrote:Except my guy, I'm Gandalf and Galadriel's love child, who helped the Valar chain Morgoth and cast him out into the void. Just saying.
LOL...

Go for it..

Just expect me to resurrect Smaug with Sauron riding him carrying a Particle Projection Cannon ;)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:42 pm

The Game Forum is set up:

viewforum.php?f=942

silverfox will post some threads and we can start working on guys.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:46 pm

silverfoxdmt73 wrote:That would be perfectly fine.. It might work to the advantage of the larger campaign I'm working on.

Also, please take no offence when I say the following:

Please (everyone) take into account that as 1st Level Player-Heroes, nobody will have accomplished any major feats, slain hundreds of orc, taken on trolls single handed etc... You will have probably been inspired by tales of these events, had family involved in the Battle of the Five Armies, had some small part to play in rebuilding Dale or Esgaroth perhaps but not actually done any real adventuring yet.
There goes my character concept of a Dwarf merchant that sells gunpowder weapons and is the reason that Morgoth remains imprisoned... :(

Worst. Campaign.Ever.
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Ah sorry guys... :lol:

I've put a few threads up, mostly placeholders but feel free to post stuff in OOC and Hero Creation threads until I populate more in game stuff myself.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:12 pm

I'll work on a character this weekend

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12