Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:34 pm

I wanted to put out some feelers and see who might want to play in a Romance of the Three Kingdoms game I will GM using Qin: The Warring States rulebook (or Chronicle if everyone poo-poos Qin). I've loved the time period ever since I bought Rot3K II for NES. It provides a rich background for lots of adventures and possibilities. Unless you want to serve Cao Cao. Then I'll TPK your ass. SHU HAN FOREVER!

With that said the game would begin right before the Yellow Turban Rebellion and go on for as long as people want. If interested or you have questions/comments please let me know.

@TetNak @Olligarchy @Critias @RorytheRomulan @Shurijo are just a few people I can think of that might want to jump in.

If you aren't familiar with ROTK https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_o ... e_Kingdoms
Last edited by WalterPeck on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 pm

So just making sure I'm reading this right, are you looking for someone to GM this? Or you're looking for Players to join a Game you're running?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 pm

Edited original post. I will be GMing.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:39 am

Thanks for the mention. RL is a bit busy right now, so my posting time has greatly decreased, hence, I'm staying away from new games :(

Good luck with the game though. I think it could be a fun one.

Critias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Critias » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:12 am

I appreciate the invite, but I'm not familiar enough with either the setting or the system to want to jump in on this. I know how I am, and it'll result in me buying and reading a ton of stuff I don't have the money or time to invest in right now. :D

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 am

WalterPeck wrote: Unless you want to serve Cao Cao. Then I'll TPK your ass.
Cao Cao's (styled Mengde) retort to such a statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tJfCcLjahg

Honestly I'm more of a Jin guy myself. Anyway, damn you for putting forth such a tempting offer. I too am a fan of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms as well, though my introduction to it did not stem from the ROTK games, but rather Dynasty Warriors... yes I know such an over the top portrayal of such a fascinating period of history is not the most ideal way to be introduced, but *shrugs* what can I say, It does a decent enough job in covering the major events of that era, plus there's something just absolutely thrilling about playing an officer that carves a swath through multitudes of grunts like wheat to the scythe.

I have learned about it through other mediums however, most notably the Three Kingdoms Drama of 2010 (the clip I linked is a scene from the show, fun to watch in my opinion). If my plate weren't full enough as it is with the games I'm involved in currently, there's a possibility that I might consider running a game for the very first time for a setting I've become quite fascinated by recently (provided there are enough people interested in the setting). That said I will be keeping a close eye on this in the event that I find myself freed up from aforementioned issues.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:46 am

If I can play Lu Bu.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am

I've never held any enthusiasm for historical fiction. The same would go for fantasy with a decidedly Oriental flavor (classes, backgrounds, etc). Nevertheless, I appreciate the offer.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm

I've heard good things on this setting over the years, but don't have any books or knowledge on it. I hope this gets off the ground. I'll be watching this thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:34 pm

I've played the old video games (and generally lost horribly), and played L5R. Never played ROTK, but if you're willing to be patient with someone who's new to the System, I'd be happy to support your new Game.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."