Starfinder RPG

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Starfinder RPG

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:53 pm

I think I'll stick with the free Society adventure called 'Into The Unknown'. It's a short series of connected adventures, basically designed to teach you how to play the game. Since I've only played it twice, this will help me to understand the rules better as well.

If anyone has the Core Book, feel free to make up a starting character. I have the PDF, so if anyone wants I can share this via Google Drive or whatever. It was only $10 for the PDF, so it's not an expensive investment.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Starfinder RPG

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:11 pm

I had hoped to play an android mercenary technomancer (because robot space wizard for hire sounds like a solid concept), but if this is exactly what someone else wants I can try something else.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Starfinder RPG

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 pm

I have to look at the rules before I decide on a character concept.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Starfinder RPG

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

MWD Share please!

There is also an SRD out there.

http://www.starfindersrd.com/

I agree the simpler free one is a good start, then decide from there. Maybe we all hate it, so lets not invest too much yet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Starfinder RPG

Post by Trogdor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:12 pm

I've looked a bit at the SRD, though I wouldn't turn up my nose at the PDF.

ManWithDoor

Starfinder RPG

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:43 pm

Alright, I'll start sharing those later today. Here's a quick low-down on your starting options:

Races:
Androids - Sentient robots, fully independent. +Dex, +Int, -Cha.
Lashuntas - Psychic, with 2 different sub-types (basically space elves/dwarves, that are technically the same race). Always +Cha, but varies after that by sub-type.
Humans - Yup. +(your choice).
Shirrens - Insectoids, used to basically be a Hive Mind, but a sub-section broke off, and are now fiercely individualistic/independent. +Con, +Wis, -Cha.
Kasathas - Basically mix Goro from Mortal Kombat with Klingons. 4-armed, traditionalist culture. +Str, +Wis, -Int.
Vesk - Big Lizardfolk. +Str, +Con, -Int.
Ysoki - Ratfolk. +Dex, +Int, -Str.

Themes: These all give you a +1 in a Stat. Themeless you get to choose the Stat. That's it. A small Stat Boost, and help determining the feel of your character.

Classes: These are pretty new to me, so I don't understand their depth. From what I've seen, they went the 'Rogue Trick' route for every class. Every even level or so you get to choose another 'Trick' for your character from a long list.
Envoy - seems rather like a Bard.
Mechanic (my favorite) - either you get a Drone to fight with, or a Exocortex (AI implanted in you) that boosts the crap out of you. Pretty fun.
Mystic - kinda a Wizard or Cleric?
Operative - rather Rogue-like. I recommend getting a Jetpack. :D
Solarian - the way I saw it played felt like a Paladin.
Soldier - versatile Fighter.
Technomancer - science Wizard?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Starfinder RPG

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 pm

I need a Forum Name, and Blurb also and any info for the Master Game List you want
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Starfinder RPG

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

There's the Shareable Google Drive Link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RsuJpc ... sp=sharing

ManWithDoor

Starfinder RPG

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:03 pm

OK, let's get a Thread started up. I'll do a basic description here. If after we finish the adventure you want to make this a longer Campaign, we can always edit the description to be more expansive then.

Thread Title = Starfinder: Into the Unknown
Description = When a mysterious visitor comes to Absalom Station selling items belonging to a lost Starfinder, the Starfinder Society takes note. The PCs are dispatched to discover out how the recent arrival found these items, leading them on a series of quests beyond the Pact Worlds and into the stars.

Have people taken the opportunity to link to the Core Rulebook? Any questions so far on putting together a character? Or wanting to discuss concepts?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Starfinder RPG

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:51 pm

I grabbed it but haven't looked yet.