Looking for game with relaxed pace...

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 am

Hi,

I've been away from the site for a while, but I'm looking to get back into an RP, ideally with a relaxed posting rate due to continued family commitments.

I'd like to try either a 5E D&D game or maybe GoT game.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 am

Yes, the ghost returns...

I was wondering if anyone had any openings in any games that had a slightly more relaxed posting rate (1-2 a week), or if anyone was interested in playing in a game of Coriolis, Lone Wolf or Forbidden Lands?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Hey welcome back.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you. Lots of stuff happened over the last year or so, but getting back to the right kind of routine/headspace where I might actually be able to keep up regular, if not rapid posting.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 pm

My Mage: the Ascension game has a very relaxed pace. I also wouldn't mind a 5th player in my Starfinder campaign.

Most of Vardaen's campaigns are perfectly reasonably paced. Would be happy for more players in Warhammer 40K, and some of his Pathfinder campaigns.

If you want to run something instead, I'm certain you will find plenty of people to be Players.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:55 am

I've got no experience with Mage or Starfinder (though I have played Pathfinder).

I would be interested in most 40K other than Black Crusade.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 pm

It's a Dark Heresy game, so no worries there. I also have no interest in playing a Chaos Marine or Cultist.

Starfinder is close enough to Pathfinder that you already know 90% of the rules then. Not hard to pick up the quirks, and all of us in my campaign were new to the system when I started it last year. And most of my Mage players were also completely new to the system, and have been learning it over time. I try to keep the burden of the Mechanics part of role-playing on myself, to try to keep the learning curve as easy as possible for my players.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm

1st or 2nd Edition Dark Heresy?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm

To be fair, a Chaos Marine or Cultist one shot could be fun, especially if it was like a Cut Scene where you played your primary character's enemy or some tangential mission that collided in the plot of your main guy. That one game where all 4 systems were in 1 adventure was kinda neat

40K is fairly relaxed posting, so if you want you can join that when we find a good spot.

1st Ed
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Looking for game with relaxed pace...

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Vardaen wrote:40K is fairly relaxed posting, so if you want you can join that when we find a good spot.

1st Ed
Cool.. Let me know when's good and what kind of character would fit with the group dynamic.

Cheers.