The One Ring: Ruins of the North

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Deaghaidh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Deaghaidh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:39 pm

I was thinking a blue mountain dwarf trader, not sure what non-encounter skills that would suggest. Axes, crafting and song are never bad choices for a dwarf.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:17 pm

That sounds good; you can pretty much pick whatever you like in terms of skills. We just needed someone to not pick a hobbit. We've essentially have 2 men, 2 hobbits and an elf. So a High Elf a Dwarf, or possibly a Ranger would be good.

arcesilaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by arcesilaus » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi, all.

I have been in touch with "Sir Christopher" on RPGGeek and finally got my account here up and running after being out of the country for a couple weeks. I'm very interested in playing (I own many of the books but haven't been able to get my group to try it out yet). I'm also happy to play whatever character type is necessary to round out the group, though a High Elf would be awesome.

Thanks and looking forward to playing,
O

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi @arcesilaus, you were talking to me!

When Vardaen gets back in about 1.5 weeks, he can let you know. A high elf would be great though.
We have had two others post new characters recently but if you're really interested stick around, there's always a lot of initial attrition, but if you stick it out you'll very likely find a spot.

Feel free to read a little to get caught up if you like:
http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 800&t=7733 (Origin story)
http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 799&t=9160 (current thread)

Feel free to also share character ideas or the direction you're wanting to go with a PC.

arcesilaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by arcesilaus » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 am

Awesome. I am eager to hear the verdict.

As for a character, I am thinking something like a Wayward Wanderer who delights in seeing all of the hidden nooks of Middle-Earth, from the bejeweled grottos of the lost Dwarven kingdoms to the dusty markets of the Southrons, where the air is thick with the scents of exotic spices. I imagine playing a High Elf who still hears magic in the world around him and feels no hurry to rush off to the West and to diminish.

I hope that fits with the current company.

O

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Having just returned from my own There and Back Again a Loremaster's Holiday (where I started reading the Tolkien Letters) I have to do some catching up. Everyone interested should be posting now in the game's OOC thread so we can sort it out. I would suggest for ease of intro that some or all of the new characters know one another in some way.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arcesilaus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by arcesilaus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 am

Is this the OOC thread, or is there another one somewhere?

Thanks!
O

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring