The One Ring: Ruins of the North

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Looks like I may have a space for anyone interested in trying out The One Ring RPG.

viewtopic.php?f=800&t=7707

We are going to wrapping up a chapter shortly, and will find ourselves in Rivendell and the North soon. So if you wanted to give this game a try, now is a great time.

I'm looking at your Pathfinder player base!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Argath
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Argath » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:39 am

Never played the one ring, but I can get my hands on at least the basic book and maybe 2 more from a friend if you are willing to accommodate a total newbie to the one ring system.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:19 pm

We are still looking for 1-2 more players for this game. We have a Hobbit, Sylvan Elf, and Dunedain. Especially good PC choices would be Bree Man, Bree Hobbit, High Elf of Rivendell, or Blue Mtn Dwarf.

Please PM me if you are interested! We've been playing this game for a while, but we are going to start the actual official adventures of Ruins in 2-3 weeks. Your PC will get extra starting XP and AP.

LottieK
Level 2
Level 2

Post by LottieK » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 am

Hello...it's Lottie, I saw your post on RPGGeek, is anything still available? I'd like to play as a Bree Hobbit if possible.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:02 pm

@lottiek

Bree Hobbit should be OK as long as you don't mind that bringing us to a total of 3 Hobbits. If you want something different than what others have chosen, do a Bree Man (or High Elf, Blue Mtn Dwarf, or Ranger).

Here are the expectations - if they aren't a problem for you, PM me your email address and I'll send you the character sheet (Vardaen the GM uses Google Sheets). Since we have PCs that have been playing for a long time (3 real years) after chargen, you will then get bonus XP/AP to spend as well.

1) We post every day or two (though weekends you don't have to unless you need to catch up).
2) The GM does the rolls. You just declare what action you want to take (sometimes he decides no roll is necessary).
3) He doesn't usually give out AP as the adventure goes - just at the end, at the same time XP is given out; this is just his style and keeps things simple.
4) Due to the nature of Play by Post, the game moves slowly. Just commit to playing for 3-6 months/give it a real chance. Many on the site have been playing for years, and one way to make up for the slow nature is to join more than one game.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 pm

I would think 3 Hobbits is a bit much...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Welcome to the board and the game. By my count, we only have one hobbit already, unless I missed the other new player saying that wanted to play one as well.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:07 pm

One other new player who was in first, AndyDez, wanted to play a hobbit.

@LottieK maybe pick a different culture, if you're willing.

Deaghaidh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Deaghaidh » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:03 pm

What is the current makeup of this fellowship? If a newcomer wanted to be a valuable addition, what niche should he try to fill?

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 pm

We've got a Hobbit who is good at Ranged attacks and general Hobbit strengths; we have a Bree-man who just joined who should be good at Encounters; we have another new Hobbit who is a scholarly type; we have a Dunedain who is good at filling all the travel roles, and we have an Elf who is good at close combat and acts as a Lookout. A Blue Mtn Dwarf would fit well in this Eriador-centered game.