Gauging Interest for a Superhero Game

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:58 am

Johnny I shared it with you a while back, I'll read d it tomorrow morning, Rory we are going to be doing number 1.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Doop, found it. Rolled up some weirdness.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Gauging Interest for a Superhero Game

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:56 pm

RorytheRomulan wrote:I just started working on a robot with the Icons rulebook (as if I'm rolling randomly for which powers I get). Per the others' story preference, he'd be part of a spur-of-the-moment experimental program that assigned him as a chaperone and hall monitor for the supe school. I'd prefer 1 or 3.
While the concept is not a bad one, there is one detail that would have to be changed to fit with the universe of option 1 which is the one that we will be running, in this universe people are born with their powers, that is not to say that you cannot be a human/machine hybrid those are possible within the universe, within the universe it is possible to be born with parts of your body which are mechanical, there is an entire family in the show who's quirk (ability) is to have engines inside a body part (Arms, Legs are the ones shown so far). The hall monitor idea can work, as long as the character is also a student. I think that role is referred to in the show as a class representative, they are put in charge of chaperoning the rest of the class and making sure that things are organized and that they are on time, which is very similar to what you described. Any way before moving on to character creation i want to post some background on the world that we are going to be playing in.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:14 pm

The forum is all set!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Aww what? I have to be a whippersnapper? Well, should be interesting anyway. I also hit upon the idea of making him a natural-born supe while brainstorming my first draft, so that works out.

*Checks forum* The setting is actually My Hero Academia! lol well okay, should be fun! In fact I started watching it a couple days ago. I just started the second season.

Do we really have to roll for powers like the pdf says? That sounds lame.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:54 pm

Nah I'm just going to let you chose your stuff as long as it fits the MHA setting there is no problem.