L5R 4th Edition - Looking for group

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Konichiwa!

I am looking for an opportunity to join a L5R group.
Since I love the setting and played 4th Edition for about 5 years and am not convinced of the new FFG Edition I'd love to stick with the old one for now.
I am open minded regarding Clan and school and will do my best to create a character fitting into the group.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Kind regards

Nicole/Snow/Sasori

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Hey there,

Right now we have 1 L5R game going, using the 4th Ed system, but we are playing in the FFG story time line, so REbooted plot set in the FFG universe, but 4th Ed crunch. We have to make some tweaks to get some schools to fit but so far so good.

I have a pretty full game but I can see about getting another into the game at some point. We are focused around Crane Lands.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:35 pm

I can totally live with the FFG timeline, as long as we don't use their rules and weird custom dice.
Just let me know what options I have for a character and than we can talk about my ideas. ^^'
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Welcome!

If you're open for other systems as well, I'm running Campaigns here in Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Mage: The Ascension systems. I have room in those games, if you'd be interested.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:01 pm

I have several openings in my Pathfinder 1st ed games also would love new players in
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Sasori
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Sasori » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Thanks, but I sorta have an overdose on classical fantasy like D&D and Pathfinder. I'm sadly not into Starfinder and Mage never sparked my interest.
“The wind moves with such subtlety, you do not even notice your own breathing. Be aware. Only a fool knows the wind is empty.” Tao of Shinsei